Eaton Aspire RFWC5 scene controller with Z-Wave JS

I used MQTT instead of doing things through HA. I use Node-Red for my automations, so it was easier and actually works. You can trigger on zwave/<node name>/32/0/currentValue to update the status indicator value in HA when deactivating. You can trigger on zwave/<node name>/43/0/sceneId for activation. I then read the indicator LEDs at zwave/<node name>/135/0/value and do some binary math to see what changed from the previous indicator state.

1 Like

I also have this scene controller and was using blakeblackshear’s custom component. I got the ZwaveJS events working on button press, but did anyone ever figure out how to handle refreshing and updating the indicator or handling turning off a button?

Alternatively, does anyone have enough python knowledge to take a shot at updating the custom component for ZwaveJS?

I’ve seen a lot of articles on this device and I got a bit lost on which solutions actually worked. I have a bunch of these around my house (probably 10).

I just migrated to ZwaveJS and i’m looking to see what the current functionality is for these devices.

1. What is the best current path to trigger an indicator from HA?
  2. What is the best way to use a physical button press to trigger something in HA?

Thank you

1 Like