Eaton HALO Home Integration

Thanks for this integration. Now that HA has added full bluetooth support and btproxies, is there any possibility of adapting this integration for direct ble control of the halo lights without the need for a bridge?

2 Likes

Hi, I noticed this integration today and wanted to give it a try. I’ve downloaded and configured the custom component, but when starting HA it gives the following error:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/halo/init.py:46
Integration: Halo
First occurred: 9:00:28 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:00:28 AM

Error setting up entry Halo for halo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 387, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/halo/init.py”, line 46, in async_setup_entry
hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(entry, PLATFORMS)
AttributeError: ‘ConfigEntries’ object has no attribute ‘async_setup_platforms’

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I’ll take a look at resolving soon

Regarding Bluetooth, probably not something I’ll be working on, but feel free to contribute

Resolved in fix deprecated async_setup_platforms (#1) · futbolpal/home-assistant-halo@d030c85 · GitHub

I downloaded the lastest from git today and am getting this error at startup.

2023-09-21 21:15:03.020 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component halo

File “/config/custom_components/halo/init.py”, line 33, in async_setup

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/halo/init.py:33
Integration: halo
First occurred: 9:15:03 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:15:03 PM

Error during setup of component halo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 288, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/halo/init.py”, line 33, in async_setup
CONF_USERNAME: config[CONF_USERNAME],
~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

Anyone else with this problem or just me?

I received an email earlier this week with the information below:

HALO Home Hardware Discontinuation

Effective immediately!

Due to supply chain challenges, we’re no longer able to manufacture HALO Home products. Effective immediately HALO Home hardware is being discontinued. Remaining inventory will be available until depletion. As of this notice, returns (RMAs) will be accepted through December 1, 2023.

We will continue to support the app, cloud infrastructure, and our existing users for the next 5 years. We remain committed to providing the best possible service during this transition period.

The growing portfolio of HALO Smart Lighting Connected by WiZ Pro and standard HALO fixtures will remain alternatives for the HALO Home offering.

If you have any questions about the discontinuation of HALO Home, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team. Thank you for your understanding and support.