Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

into the scripts…

In the Alexa Media player the “Text to speak” option is not working.

So frustrating to have things configured and loose it in a Update.

but my problem is that I can’t register devices because captcha fails

Fixed downgrading to 1.4.1 registering and upgrading to 2.0.1

Downgrade in v1.4.1, now no more problems.

So in the end, I cannot upgrade to 0.98.1 right? I’m on 0.97.1 with Alexa 1.4.1 and would like to Upgrade hassio. But as I noticed on a Facebook forum, 98.1 looses the connect to 1.4.1 So Alexa has to be upgraded as well. But then I will face the problems described above🤔
Now I’m uncertain…

Since the last update I’m facing a new issue.

Alexa Media isn’t able to start after a restart of ha. If this persisted notification appears I need to restart the hole system. After that Alexa media works as before.

This is a new issue I never had in former versions.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

PS: will be able to post the logs when this error happens the next time

Also I have this issue, maybe it’s somehow related:

I’ve also raised an issue regarding this, but do you have any idea why version 2.0.1 is failing to start up for me (on Home Assistant 0.98.1) with this error:

Cannot connect to host alexa.amazon.co.uk:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’)]

I rolled back to 1.4.1 and it started working again.

0.98.1 and 1.4.1. works well on my system

HA 0.98.1 and Alexa Media 2.0.1 working great here :slight_smile:

I also get this error.

Could you share the link to that issue?

Here is the issue:

But I have now been able to solve the problem. I ran the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
sudo update-ca-certificates

(The third command may not be necessary)

The issue is that v1.4.1 didn’t validate the certificate, but v2.0.0 and later do. The ca-certificates package contains the valid Certificate Authorities and, without that, it isn’t possible to do that validation.

Can you confirm that device is updating besides the volume changes? Will need logs to debug further.

Would need debug logs to help further (I know you did the workaround so in the future when the cookie expires you may run into this again.)

The stock HA UI never worked for TTS for this component. If you mean outside the UI, please file a bug report.

While I get it’s frustrating, we do warn you with the release post above that mentioned things may break. Also, when the major version number changes that normally means something major may have changed so expect bugs.

Link. Short answer is make sure you have local certs installed. It’s likely a system config issue. We previously ignored it if the system couldn’t check the Amazon SSL cert in 1.4.0. For security reasons, we now don’t ignore it.

I’m running hassio. How can I install local certs?

RESOLVED!

Watchtower updated my HA to version 0.98.2 and I now have the volume functionality again.

Thanks again for a lovely component.

Yes, everything else is updating and reacting as expected. I even redid the Pickle file.
TTS, and selecting radio stations has no problems.

kitchenDot01

The basic logs:

2019-09-02 08:58:24 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded alexa_media from custom_components.alexa_media,
2019-09-02 08:58:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.,
2019-09-02 08:58:24 INFO (SyncWorker_18) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded alexa from homeassistant.components.alexa,
2019-09-02 08:58:31 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up alexa_media,
2019-09-02 08:58:31 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.alexa_media] ,
alexa_media,
https://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/issues,
2019-09-02 08:58:31 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.alexa_media] Loaded alexapy==1.0.1,
2019-09-02 08:58:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up alexa,
2019-09-02 08:58:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain alexa took 0.0 seconds.,
2019-09-02 08:58:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of alexa_media is taking over 10 seconds.,
2019-09-02 08:58:43 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain alexa_media took 12.0 seconds.,
2019-09-02 08:58:43 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Setting up notify.alexa_media,
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/notify.py", line 102, in targets,
2019-09-02 08:59:29 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.alexa_media,
2019-09-02 08:59:29 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Setting up notify.alexa_media,
2019-09-02 08:59:29 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Setting up alarm_control_panel.alexa_media,
2019-09-02 08:59:29 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Setting up switch.alexa_media

I did however note this in the HA Developer Tools - Info section.

Log Details (ERROR)
Mon Sep 02 2019 08:58:43 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time)
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup_platform
    if hasattr(notify_service, "targets"):
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/notify.py", line 102, in targets
    ['devices']['media_player'].items()):
KeyError: 'devices'

Hi all,

I’ve got this error occurring more than 200 times in less than 5 minutes:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/alexa/state_report.py", line 45, in async_entity_state_listener
    hass, smart_home_config, alexa_changed_entity
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/alexa/state_report.py", line 103, in async_send_changereport_message
    response_json = json.loads(response_text)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 348, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Alexa Media version 2.0.1
HA version 0.98.2

Same issue and same versions of HA and AMP like Sunny.

Moreover (or related), when I click ‘confirm’ in the Alexa Media Player persistent notification:

‘Failed call to service configurator/configure . get’

System Log:

19-09-02 09:11:19 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] Client error on WebSocket API Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:8123 ssl:False [Connection refused].

Log:

get
11:20 custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 11:17 and shows up 2 times

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 130, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1235, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1260, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/configurator/__init__.py", line 235, in async_handle_service_call
    await self.hass.async_add_job(callback, call.data.get(ATTR_FIELDS, {}))
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py", line 153, in configuration_callback
    login, callback_data)
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py", line 143, in setup_platform_callback
    await login.login(data=callback_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/alexapy/alexalogin.py", line 306, in login
    headers=self._headers)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 466, in _request
    ssl=ssl, proxy_headers=proxy_headers, traces=traces)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 286, in __init__
    self.update_host(url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 340, in update_host
    raise InvalidURL(url)
aiohttp.client_exceptions.InvalidURL: get

Thank you
SoL

Does anyone here have this working with the Sonos One speakers? I had this working perfectly a couple months ago and now I can no longer announce through the Sonos. All my Amazon devices work fine and I can TTS over the Sonos just fine too. I’m guessing a Sonos software update caused the break. I might try changing the voice assistant to Google on the Sonos to see if that works. Currently on the 0.98.1 of HA and v2.0.1 of the Alexa Media Player.

Same issue here! anyone found how to solve it? thank you

Same issue here, as of 0.98.1 (and .2, I upgraded to try to resolve it):

• all of my Alexa devices went offline
  • I have a persistent notification to re-authenticate (which doesn’t work)
  • I have the following error in HA:
2019-09-02 12:34:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/alexa/state_report.py", line 45, in async_entity_state_listener
    hass, smart_home_config, alexa_changed_entity                               
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/alexa/state_report.py", line 103, in async_send_changereport_me
    response_json = json.loads(response_text)                                   
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 348, in loads          
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)                                     
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode         
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())                          
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode      
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None            
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)         

Same here, same versions.