Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Alarm panel is working perfectly… Good man

Just updated to v1.3.0, no issues so far, thanks for the continued work on this component. :slight_smile:

Updated to v1.3.0. Good

You can add it here https://github.com/home-assistant/custom-components-wheels that way the wheels for the dependencies are pre buildt :slight_smile:

I’ve switched to the newest release using HACS and adding the repo manually in settings.

Everything seems to be working as far as the media players getting recognized (i’m not at home to test that they actually say anything, tho) but I’m getting the following error in the log:

2019-06-23 09:59:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform alexa_media
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 126, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 416, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/alarm_control_panel.py", line 34, in setup_platform
    hass)  \
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/alarm_control_panel.py", line 73, in __init__
    ['LambdaBridge_AAA/OnGuardSmartHomeBridgeService']
KeyError: 'LambdaBridge_AAA/OnGuardSmartHomeBridgeService'

I’ve restarted three times waiting 5 to 10 minutes between restarts and the error keeps returning.

I’m running non-hassio HA in Docker.

1 Like

I have followed the same installation and have exactly the same error in the log, all notifys and media players work OK though. On Hassio and in UK

With which path is your plugin entered under HACS. With ‘keatontaylor / alexa_media_player’ it does not work. Latest version 1.3.0 is installed.

Same problem here, but in hassio.

Thanks PR submitted. Also, I noticed you’re a mod, any way you can update the first post in this thread with an update at the top to go to the Wiki for the install instructions and latest info? The existing links are broken and people regularly come in and we have to redirect them.

Fix should be here. Need someone to test and confirm before I push out.

Instructions here.

1 Like

I just tried it…I think.

I wasn’t sure exactly how to do it so I made an educated guess.

I copied my existing directory and renamed my existing directory to aleaxa_media.old. I then copied the alarm_control_panel.py and media_player.py files from the dev branch (most recently changed files?) into the current directory. Saved them and restarted. Same error.

If that wasn’t the correct procedure let me know and I can try again.

Just installed 1.3.0 (using Custom Updater). Had the same issue where everything works as before but now getting the “LambdaBridge_AAA/OnGuardSmartHomeBridgeService” error. As I was typing up this message, I enabled Alexa Guard in my Alexa app and restarted HA, and now the error is gone!!.

Alexa Guard - For those like me that didn’t know anything about this, Alexa can be configured (via the Alexa App) to detect smoke detectors/CO detectors blaring out as well as glass breakage (and can act upon it too). You can subsequently turn this detection on and off with your App of course using Home or Away button, but you can now also turn this on and off from this wonderful code!!

Use the services: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away or alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home.
You should see a new entity “alarm_control_panel.alexa_guard_xxxx” from which these services are used for.

OK, I checked the changes and the commit changes weren’t in the code so now I think I figured out how to really use the commits, but I may have done it the hard way.

I copied over only the changed portions of the files and pasted the changes into the alarm_control_panel.py file.

I restarted and the error is gone.

I have done the same and can confirm the error message has gone. The Alexa Guard Alarm control panel entity is created though and shows ‘Unknown’

Is it not possible to use Alexa and TTS anymore?

Changelog says it all. I’m not sure how to use it in any other way…

1.3.0 06/22/2019
Features:

Add Alexa Guard mode support as an alarm_control_panel. Use ARM_AWAY to enable. (resolves #186)
Add HACS support. We will deprecate custom_updater shortly; please migrate. Thanks @xatr0z (resolves #201)
Fixes:

Remove async references (resolves #171)
Fix bug where announce did not work for multiple accounts (resolves #210)
Add further existing entity checks (resolves #180)
Add additional websocket reconnect logic (resolves #181)
Changes:

Deprecated media_player.alexa_tts service removed.
Update to alexapy 0.7.0
1.2.5 04/30/2019

Source

could always trying reading the manual :slight_smile:
Look for the notification component on the wiki page on github

As I posted above

Notification Component
Minimum Version: 1.2.0

The notify component deprecates media_player.alexa_tts and conforms to Home Assistant notifications.

Looks great, I do have a question about guard mode. I am in US, and have not enabled guard mode yet because I was waiting for this. But I dont know what to do with it? :slight_smile:

I dont currently have an alarm panel set up, or really know much about that. I do set an input_select to armed away, etc and use that state for a few automations. Not sure where to start, but super exited to play with this.

Thanks as always

I just started Guard mode (In Sweden but with a US account). Open youtube and search for broken glass. Play it and check when you get a alexa notification in your phone. I suppose you can not trigger anything in HA as the state is either armed or not armed. Yoy can however configure Guard in alexa to turn on a light (it could be a dummy sensor light). If you use presence in HA you can start Guard when you leave the house, if guard is triggered it will turn on the dummy light and if this light is on you can send any notifications like MQTT or start your local alarm system. Maybe there are other ways but just starting the Guard mode is Great. Thanks @keatontaylor for all the work.