Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

2020-05-16 12:38:58 ERROR (MainThread) [alexapy.helpers] alexaapi._static_request:An error occured accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type CancelledError occurred. Arguments:

()

2020-05-16 12:38:58 ERROR (MainThread) [alexapy.helpers] alexaapi._static_request:An error occured accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type CancelledError occurred. Arguments:

()

()

()

()

()

I just noticed now Alexa talks without pausing ignoring full stop in between sentences and some errors in logs

Looks interesting.

I started the configuration on the Alexa site and got to the point of “account linking” and need some clarification.

Can we use the Nabu Casa remote access account for the URL in that step?

For example can we enter the following?:

https://randomcharacters.ui.nabu.casa/auth/authorize

and:

https://randomcharacters.ui.nabu.casa/auth/token

ha, ok.
I thought i was imagininng Alexa was talking faster :grinning:

haha! , yeah i tried that too :stuck_out_tongue: “Alexa, Talk slower”. Its still does speak without pauses. I tried changing language to US and UK, both have the same effect oddly.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. No captcha . Same info in the log. Changing region did not fix.
Neither upgrading . Nor uninstall and reinstall.
Update to 2.7.5 : no solution

+1 on punctuation no longer being honored in TTS. I’m on v2.7.5, but I don’t know if it started with a particular version.

Having the exact same issue. Doesn’t matter what version of Alexa Media I use or which region I attempt.

Never successfully able to log in. Never get to 2FA. Was working two days ago and now, nothing.

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed client session

I upgraded to version 2.8 this morning and now Alexa no longer is working in HA. I now have a persistent notification that says “Configurator Click button to configure Alexa Media Player - Begin - [email protected]” with a link that says “Configure”. If I click that link it shows a popup window that says “Click button to begin login attempt” After clicking nothing happens except the popup disappears and the persistent notification remains. I am unable to get past it or configure anything.

Does anyone have an idea of what I need to try or do? This was working great until upgrading to v2.8

Edit: Also seeing this error in the logs when trying to run a test script -> Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service notify/alexa_media

you mean you cant see the capcha?
if that’s the case, type anything and press config.
it should reload and hopefully you’ll see the capcha

Agree, sometimes it has to be repeated 3 or 4 times until it works

Where would I type something in? This is all I see. Tried just blindly typing and hitting the confirm button but nothing appears to happen.

1 Like

Same here! Never able to enter captcha

ha, this is different.
try clearing your browser cache and try again
most keyboards is F12 and then in the refresh icon there will be option for clearing cache.

Unfortunately nothing is working, Tried clearing the cache numerous times and tried different browsers but no go

2 Likes

Is there a known workaround for getting past this?

edit: Added myself to an existing issue that appears to be impacting others -> https://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/issues/733

I upgraded to version 2.8 this morning.

1. You have to enter your password ==> hit enter.
  2. Enter captcha from screen ==> hit enter.
  3. Check message from Amazon OTP on your phone. Enter code to screen ==> hit enter.

Everything working good.

Unfortunately there is no place I can add my password or enter a captcha

1 Like

Here’s exactly what happens when I try to log in to the AMP integration. Credentials blurred.

This is v2.8.0. The same thing happens when I un-install and reinstall with versions 2.7.5, 2.7.4, 2.7.3 and 2.7.2.

I’ve also added credentials manually to my config.yaml. I’m aware that this method was supposed to be deprecated in the future. However, this method will at least show that the integration has been discovered, but when I click to configure, I end up right back to what is shown in the video.

The login never completes and presents an opportunity to enter 2FA details.

Any ideas?

Screen recording.

I’ve only ever used the manual setup in my config.yaml and never had an issue until v2.8. I assume you normally have added it through the integrations page? I was going to try that but I am guessing that likely wouldn’t work either. Interestingly I can’t even get the full login window like you show in your screen capture. I am only get a small popup window.

@photo64
If you want help, please create logs. Also scrub them per the instructions. You can either post them on GitHub or DM me.

Please note, if you put them in your configuration.yaml it is importing it automatically as an added integration on HA restart.