Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Please can someone tell me how to show an image on on my echo show? I would like to show an security camera image or even better a live feed.

1 Like

Hi, that should be configured in alexa app if compatible with your camera. I have the blink integration, which works with alexa. I say: alexa, show xxx where xxx is the name of the specific camera and it shows the live feed.

I use Blue Iris for my CCTV

I think this is what you’re after (which is separate from Alexa Media Component):

I’ve read previously about credit card authentication being used for the enabling of kids skills in Alexa, as this is a way to ensure the the parent is authorising the enabling of the skill. I wonder if this is related. Maybe there was an attempt to launch a kids skill using Alexa Media Player, and this triggered that additional check.

Hi, Has anyone figured out how to play BBC Radio stations since BBC removed it from Tunein (For those of us who actually pay TV licence in the UK - it works everywhere else in the world… grrr)

2 Likes

Is there a way to use this to trigger automations in HA when an Alexa timer expires?

(I can see some possible approaches using the *_next_timer sensor, but that requires some ugly hackage to detect when it changes from anything except unavailable.)

Hi, anyone else has issue trying to play alexa’s sounds ?
Trying to play a simple sound using this example in the dev tools

entity_id: media_player.my_amazon_echo_id
media_content_type: sound
media_content_id: amzn_sfx_doorbell_chime_01

But i keep getting this error:
play_sound() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘extra’

everything else works perfect (spotify, tts, announce … )

Please confirm you’re using version 3.1.2 as this was a bug fixed last night. They added an additional parameter in HA 0.115.4.

1 Like

hello, I need help
Does anyone manage to get tts work to the mobile app?

Thank you! I was like WTF!?!?!

See if the following thread is helpful:

Is it possible to play Amazon Music Stations? Specifically, I am trying to play the recommended My Soundtrack station, but haven’t had any success

I have this bug with the latest update 3.20, and I don’t know where the error is.

2020-10-02 11:38:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up alexa_media platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 193, in async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/sensor.py”, line 121, in async_setup_entry
return await async_setup_platform(
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/sensor.py”, line 80, in async_setup_platform
alexa_client = class
(
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/sensor.py”, line 457, in init
super().init(
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/sensor.py”, line 166, in init
self._process_raw_notifications()
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/sensor.py”, line 197, in _process_raw_notifications
self._tracker = async_track_point_in_utc_time(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py”, line 891, in async_track_point_in_utc_time
cancel_callback = hass.loop.call_at
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘loop’

Anyone seeing their “next” sensors not updating after 3.2? My next_alarms are all “unavailable”. Will wait to open issue

Thanks. This should be resolved now.

Confirmed it now works after updating. Thanks!

I am getting stuck when authorizing the final step. I have Approved the Amazon text the first time I click submit. In HA the following never moves on.

Alexa Media Player - Action Required

[email protected] - alexa.amazon.com
Amazon will send a push notification per the below message. Please completely respond before continuing.

To continue, approve the notification sent to:
Mobile number - -**81

Enable 2FA. That login path you’re on is unsupported since I can’t replicate it. You’re welcome to figure out how to get past it and submit a PR and we may support it in the future.

Normally with stations I have been able to get them to work by just adding “Station” to the end, like “Station Name Station”. “My Soundtrack” seems trickier for some reason, but it works for me if I use “The My Soundtrack Station” (at lease in a Routine which should work the same way).