Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Hard refresh of cache … should work including login info etc…

@Bartem, @wmaker Thank you. Sounds like there may be an account config setting on the amzn side I may be unaware of…

What a mess this has become!

I was using an Alexa Media integration version from last year successfully up until tonight. It would stop working about once a week, and I would just restart HA once or twice to get it working again. Then a few months ago it started failing to recover after a few simple restarts, so when that would happen I deleted the pickle file and re-did the Captcha thing from the Integration prompt, remembering to change browsers to one that would work for that. Usually I had to do the Captcha thing 3 times to get one that worked, but no big deal.

Tried the same thing tonight, and suddenly it’s impossible to log in any more. Reading this immense thread, I don’t know why it just happened tonight and not before.

After about 20 attempts I was finally able to get logged in with 2FA, but I’m sure not looking forward to having to try this every couple of days!

its no wonder.
HA constantly changing thing
amazon constantly changing things
the fact that it was known from the beginning that this is just a hack

those 3 things combined its amazing that they keeped the integration working as long as they already did.

I think it will become a bit more stable again when HA and amazon dont change so much.

This is true for me also.

good day.
does anyone know if it is it possible to turn off a scheduled echo/alexa alarm from HA?
i.e. use an automation to enable or disable the alarm?
thank you

don’t working, please fix it. cannot login.

Hi, i have this recurring error in Home assistant when my HA freezes

ERROR (Thread-5) [paho.mqtt.client] Caught exception in on_message: Event loop is closed

the closest cause i see in logs prior to that error repeating many times is either Vera integration or Alexa Media player integration, last time i saw a zwave device, this time i saw alexa login api.

is alexa media player integration even remotely related to paho.mqtt.client?

I can see my Vera plus integration be implemented with mqtt.

my guess it is my Vera, but full disclosure I have not setup 2FA on my alexa integration without issues, except this freeze that occurs in HA.

Thanks

No. It’s unrelated.

I guess I have either vera hardware or vera integration issue.

Thanks

No. Not possible at this time.

Thank you for your response
And of course thank you for providing this great component.

Hello, I am trying to play music preferably from plex but I cant seem to get any music to play at all. I have the echos all connected and i can get them to change volume so it is talking to them but i can get it to play music.

This is the code I have been using.

service: media_player.media_play
data:
  media_content_id: "Kip Moore"
  media_content_type: AMAZON_MUSIC
entity_id: media_player.living_room_dot

No matter what I do I get the following errors in the log and I’m not really sure what they mean. I have looked though this post and cant seem to find anything like it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 426, in async_trigger
    await self.action_script.async_run(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1010, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 245, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 253, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 460, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1402, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 218, in __call__
    return self._exec((Schema(val) for val in self.validators), v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 340, in _exec
    raise e if self.msg is None else AllInvalid(self.msg, path=path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 336, in _exec
    v = func(v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data['media_content_id']

You need to use media_player.play_media. Please consider reviewing the documentation if you have further questions.

Thank you and i am sorry. I did not notice there were 2 different serivices i could call and picked the one i thought it was. Thank you for the help.

How do i update my Amazon password?

If i remove the integration isn’t that going cause a bunch of problems for everything I have already setup?

Every few weeks I get the message that I need to reconfigure the Alexa integration and that Alexa Media Reauthentication is Required. I have 2fa enable and I am 100% that my password is correct and that the 2fa code is correct. The problem is when I try to enter the captcha code. I enter it correctly however it tells me that is wrong. It shows me another captcha and I enter it correctly and it tells me it’s wrong. This happens six times and the it aborts the process. I have to uninstall/reinstall the integration and then it works. Anyone having this behaviour? Any better solutions to fix this? It’s incredibly annoying to do this every three weeks. I have looked into uploading the cookie but I don’t think that I understand the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

amazon captcha2

I’m having a similar issue at the moment. Unfortunately I don’t get as far as the Captcha page; as soon as I hit submit I get the “The Forgot Password page was detected. This normally is the result of too may failed logins. Amazon may require action before a relogin can be attempted.” message.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the integration makes no difference. I have tried resetting my Amazon password too.

I am able to trigger a skill on my echo fine, but how do I use the ‘show me’ command?

For example, triggering the skill Big Sky, gives me an audio report, which is the same as saying ‘Alexa, open Big Sky’.

But if instead I say ‘Alexa, show me Big Sky’ the Echo will give me an audio report with a visual presentation on my Fire TV (similar to an echo show). What is the command for ‘show me’ in the media player?

A few people have had this problem and using an “Authenticator App” instead seemed to resolve it immediately.