Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Installed 3.4.4 and got the same errors other users have… i am using amazon.it as domain…
No way to use this integration right now…

Which domain are you using?

I’m using amazon.de.
3.4.1 works
It seems that the captcha is not been transmitted in an expected way because in 3.4.1 it works with only one try.

1 Like

I deleted the integration, used 3.4.4, re-create again the 2fa built-in key and finally got the integration working again…

sounds good. I hope that there will be an easier way to get the updates running :wink:
I fear to have to rename all my entities. Would be a lot of work.

Just updated to 3.4.4. Seems to be working fine. However I do get a log warning:
[alexapy.alexalogin] No access token found; falling back to credential login instead of oauth.

I still using the manual 2FA (not yet using the built-in 2FA).

It shouldn’t change anything, that’s the beauty of it.

Not sure where you’re going wrong, each update works fine for me, did 3.4.3 this morning and just done 3.4.4, literally update, restart, all done. I’m on .co.uk and have been using built-in 2FA since introduction, cookies before that, which ironically looks like it wasn’t expected to work until 3.4.3 anyway…

Fix oauth for non-.com domains

After update 3.4.4 im not able to proceed. Revert back to 3.4.2 and now i get all the time this message:

Amazon will send a push notification per the below message. Please completely respond before continuing.

I removed the intergration, removed it from HACS. Reboot HA.
Add in HACS, reboot HA, add intergration and still the message pop up…

Was successfully using Alexa Media Player till I got the reconfigure message this morning… but I cant get passed the captcha page. Happily using the same info to log in to the amazon website without an issue. It just keeps looping back to the captcha page without any error message being displayed.
Any advise appreciated.

Rollback to 3.4.1 worked here

1 Like

Hello happy new year,
Thank you for your work and for taking the time. it is a good application but i uninstalled it because i have too often changes of passwords on amazon which is very unpleasant. but I continue to follow you and I will come back to a more stable version. i have great respect for your skills which i don’t have. see you soon

Try just updating the add-on and you may find it starts working again as I’ve mentioned worked for me a couple of times before.

Cheers guys, I ended up rolling back to 3.4.1 with instant success. Will leave it as is until a new update is confirmed as working.

I appreciate @alandtse 's hard work and dedication to this project.

3 Likes

I’ve taken down everything with oauth as captcha entry is broken. It looks like if you were able to skip the captcha you can log in (e.g., 2FA generator) but everyone else is locked out. If it keeps working for you, please continue to use 3.4.4 but if you run into any auth problems downgrade until I figure out why it’s breaking.

1 Like

Revert back to 3.4.1 did work for me.

3.4.5 is out. I tested it across multiple domains so I think it should resolve the issues everyone was facing with the captcha phase. Someone brave feel free to test it out and report back.

Because of oauth, everyone has to log into the main amazon.com servers and not the local servers. I tried to get the language to update for all the languages amazon supports for but if you’re missing a localized language you used to see in Amazon messages, please tell me. I may need the locale data from you to get the right domain and language key.

3 Likes

Hi @alandtse. Thanks for the update.
Does that mean we have to change the complete login from Amazon.de to Amazon.com when not located in us?

Here it worked with amazon.it at the second try.
Thank you very much @alandtse, perfect job!!

No, it’s automatic. I just have to specify the language if your’e coming from a different domain.

1 Like