Edilkamin pellet stove controlled with "the mind"

I notice on my side an update every 15min. Haven’t look how to reduce this timer. But I remember that you can call a service to update an entity :

- service: homeassistant.update_entity     
    entity_id: cliamte.xxxxx 

What is the temperature that shows the remote ? Is it different from what is shown in HA ?
On my side it is updated properly.

@shisva The funny thing is that I first noticed that it wasn’t updating. After about 19:00 it started updating.
Now it’s Ok. The temperature on the remote is now in sync with HA.

For all. Perhaps a bit of topic, but I’m experiencing that the modulation system of the stove is not working very fine. On my stove standby mode is active. I had to do, otherwise it will become to hot in the room. To make it modulating properly I have to “wake up” the remote every 10 min. or so. Also when it becomes cold it starts to late if I’m not waking up the remote.
Perhaps we can bypass this with HA. I mean, adjust the powersetting depending on the difference between room temperature and the adjusted temperature. And at last switch off/on the stove when it becomes hot/cold enough.
There is already a “generic thermostat” in HA. Perhaps that is usable?

No pressure of course. I’s just an idea.

Wow, for more then a year now i was searching for a way to control my Stove. Not only because i want to control it like a normal heating sytem, but mainly because what alexkoel mentions above. De remote does a really bad job at controlling the stove. Not only the screen goes to sleep, but it seems like the whole remote is dormant. So i get a really bad overshoot in temperature. Yesterday evening i installed this component and i was planning on controlling it through an automation based on my central heating thermostat, which gives accurate readings.

So thanks to @Nuick and @shisva and all others who contribute to this component and discussion over here.

@Paegan Are you able to adjust/control the power and switch the stove on and off?

Hi @shisva ,
Thanks for the dhcp discovery implementation ! The code seems to be correct, but the dhcp discovery does not work in my dev environnement. Does it work on your side ?

Anyway I merged the code in my repository.

Another difficulty is to find a way to filter the mac addresses properly in the manifest.json, because the device uses a default hostname (“espressif”). I have so far identified 2 ranges, but it may not work with everyone.

I also updated the readme with installation and configuration instructions.

Thanks for your feedbacks everyone

@Paegan.Also form my side Wow. I start experimenting and found out how to control the stove (learnig all the time). I made a automation with a few parameters (day and night temp/times). The stove is running completely automatic. I also reducing the power when the stoves is closing to the adjusted temperature. Mayby I have to tweak there a little bit. I’m using steps of 0.3 degree Celcius for every power setting. At the moment, it’s not that cold in Holland, it works great. It keeps the temperature between 1 degree Celcius.
The only thing I want to implement now is that the stove shuts down when we are leaving the house. But that is possible with the companion app and HA.

Also from my side many thanks to @Nuick and @shisva who offered there free time to make this possible.

Hi and you’re welcome !

I haven’t found time to test it, but will try.

I’m also suprised about the MAC address range used by edilkamin (or espressif) will not be easy as I tought.

Edit: FYI, I pushrequest v1.3.0 and integrated easy timer and chrono mode

Hi ! don’t forget @AndreMiras for the main library :slight_smile:

Concerning the last point , yep you can do that with the HA app to track your presence.

Last important point for all, I notice that when my phone is connected to the stove via BT, stove’s wifi is not working… Maybe a hardware limitation

1 Like

Hi all,

Just because the remote is not so reliable and therefore the modulation, I switch on and off the stove on domotic contact of the stove… This works perfect. The remote can still be used parallel… I will try the integration above in HA, I am still on domoticz

Hi Shisva,

Thanks for your help, I am not an programmer or IT man so need a bit help please, from now I am a bit testing HA on a virtual machine with Oracle Virtual box. I had downloaded/grabbed the code from github and stored on my NAS. I don’t see or know how I get the edilkamin folder into " \ha_ip_address/config/custom_components" where I do understand the ip-adress is where HA on my VM is installed. If to complicated to explain me I will wait till I have an extra Raspberry PI at home. I have one for Domoticz now but want a second for testing HA and first get used to it before I step over from Domotiz to HA. So, if it is simple to copy the folder to the VM machine I would like to know otherwise I wait till I have a 2nd PI. Thanks in advance! Ger

Hi all,

Pretty proud that I copied the files of github with a file editor to the vm machine…

I found and added the edilkamin integration now in HA and can’t wait to add my Lena plus stove!

I come on the config page but see no titles or helpful labels at the field’s what I need to enter, I try to add a screenshot here, what could that be? Thanks, I am getting better in HA😁

Hi @GerAtDronten ,

These fields are blank probablement because you forgot to copy the file strings.json or translations/en.json

Hi Nuick,

Thanks for your reply, I had a good look to the file directory structure and noticed some faillures from my side. I had folder translations not into the Edilkamin folder and I did not had the 3 files ‘hacs.json’, and ‘LICENSE’ in the custom components directory. Now it works and I have my Lena Plus added!

I am impressed, I will switch now definitely from Domotizc to Home Assistant! I loved the blockly method in Domoticx but will find my way in HA. I have node RED installed but still looks not so easy for me.

Thanks guys!

Ger

Thank you it works with the new module and I would even say more stable than the smartphone version of edilkamin

Thank you for your work! Integration done with PELLKAMIN 10 EVO PLUS and it works fine.
Is it possible to integrate also pellet level alarm?

Everything works like a charm now. I agree that I only missing alarms, including pelletlevel.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the job.
I was also looking for this integration. My EVO 10 plus is working fine.
Include the pellet level and other little stuff like 2nd fan will be the cherry of the cake

Hi there !

2nd and 3rd fan should be detected and fan entities generated. Strange it doens’t works.

Concerning pellet level on my model (YANA) it’s only “pellet ok” or “low pellet” no intermediate value, how about you ?

If you handle python, please provide us result of edilkamin.device_info(token, mac_address)
else you can try https://edilkamin.vercel.app/ (i guess on right top you put your credentials and then your mac address) and you can grab the json result

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedbacks !

I don’t have a pellet level sensor on my stove either, but as @shisva said, we can try to implement it if you provide the output of the api device info request. Idealy please provide multiplue outputs, when the level if high and low, so when can find out which variable is updating.

I had as strange behaviour last night : I had a power outage (thanks to the snow), and after that the cloud api (and so the home assistant integration) stopped updating.
I tried to restart the stove and home assistant, no result.
Finaly I had to send a command to the cloud api (I sent the command edilkamin.set_power_off(token, mac_address) using the python library ) to force a refresh of the device.

I have to find a way to detect this behaviour and solve it automaticaly

1 Like