Edit/change app_name in media_player if app_name = XXX

I use AirCast add-on, I have changed the aircast.xml file so i now have a nice picture (add image url between artwork tags :wink: )

But is there a way to change or remove these ugly things?

media_title: Streaming from AirConnect
app_name: Default Media Receiver

Maybe i can add some code to alter the text somehowe? I use Chromecast as media_player

BONUS if you can tell me how to hide or remove the square on the right with artwork/image… just the image on the background would be great,

Almost there :wink:

I’m looking for the same thing. I have a scraper reading the artist and song title from our most used stream. I’d love to set the app name to {{ states.sensor.kgbi_artist.state }} - {{states.sensor.kgbi_song.state }} or something like that. I can manually change the app_name in the Developer Tools UI, which almost certainly means there’s a way to change it programmatically.

Yeah, but it aint transfered to the Chromecast. You will need to pause/play and than you shoud see the changes, But pause/play aint working with Dashcast AirCast (pause is, but fater pause "play"wont work)

Can you share the code for getting the artists name? I already am using the template for getting song name, but still don’t know how to get the artist name…

@maurizio53, I obtain the Artist Name and Song Title with scrapers. My post describing my particular scraper is here: Scrape Help Needed for Radio Station, but you’ll need to figure it out for your individual source.