Efergy Switch in HASS

Thanks so much for your help again, you are a proper star!
By sheer coincide all entities are now reporting. It’s like it needed time to kick in.
For your info here’s my states:
latest

1 Like

Just thinking through your last comment… You are able to calculate cost based on a mac address? Therefore assuming I have Mac address of my electric car I can see what it costs to charge? That would be awesome! Also is there a way to recalculate costs based on a separate day/night tariff which Efergy don’t appear to support.

Great news David - glad we got there in the end.

If you look again at sensor.efergy the MAC address is just used to see if it is online or not and cannot be used for any readings.

I don’t think there is a way to deal with economy 7 or 10 readings - you would need to do this manually from the meter or your bill.

Many thanks for all your help. I think i’m now sorted.

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to “actuate” this is , turn off/on" the Efergy plugs ?
Tanks

I recently had to update and then reinstall Hassio. I now have lost Energy consumed and Energy Cost - see below:
Any help appreciated.

Just for anyone else with similar problem. I renewed the token and the device needed updating. problem resolved

Is there a way to set a friendly name for the individual transmitters?

Usually if you click on the sensor there is a cog in the top right of the dialogue to add a friendly name, but I don’t see this here.

that cog only works if the entity comes with an unique id.
But the “old fashioned” way (before unique ids) should still work:

mine looks like this:

sensor.efergy_591994: 
  friendly_name: Energy Usage
1 Like

Awesome… thank you!

@SA_guy Just looking into Efergy energy monitoring. Could you please let me know if you mean you have multiple transmitters ? EG One for each circuit? Just trying to work out what to buy. I saw you can get the engage hub, and now multiple transmitters but wasn’t sure if HA picked these up or not

I have multiple clamps with one transmitter.
Unfortunately all the data gets aggregated and I can’t see the individual clamps values. But it works OK for total consumption.

Sorry for digging up an old thread. I was looking for something to work with my old Wattson Anywhere energy monitor portal (which like Efergy also uses same energyhive.com portal) as I have an old Energeno Optimmersion (Optimmersion(r), free hot water from your PV system: intelligent immersion heater controller). I did the above configuration with the token you can get off Energy Hive’s website and it all works! :slight_smile: Should save someone with a Wattson Solar Plus or Optimmersion binning them like I was going to.

I was just wondering if anyone had got this working with the new energy monitor dashboard and how you do this (if possible) please?

Thanks.

It is great to find so many people using efergy.

Pull requests is pending to fix the efergy sensor

1 Like

I can not get mine working, the sensors just will not show. I am new to HA so i am just using a configuation file and have this in the file. I can not get them to show. Also not sure what to put in offset for +10:00 UTC

I should note i am using docker version of HA not sure if that is the issue?

sensor:

• platform: efergy

app_token: xxx

utc_offset: -600

monitored_variables:

• type: instant_readings

• type: budget

• type: cost

period: day

currency: $

• type: amount

• type: amount

It won’t work until the PR I mentioned above is merged into a release.
Hopefully it will make it into the September release.

You could go to the development branch of the docker and load that plus a custom_component with the efergy changes. But if you are new to this all I would suggest you wait for the next release.

Or you could use the sensors that efergy provides at the moment and add the required attributes via customization. This has been covered multiple times in this blog post and also the release post

Did the update make it into this release? If not any idea I have my sensor showing but it resets daily and gives incorrect details

No, it did not.
But you can grab the 3 files from the PR and put them into a custom component.
That works for me.

All good, got it working as expected by changing the class_type from measurement