Email service not created

Hello,

I have just discovered home assistant, I have installed the supervised version on Debian 11. Currently running home assistant 2023.7.3. I am having issues with the email service. I have modifed the YAML configuration file, restarted everything, but the service is not showing in the list.

Any tip?

Thank you

Welcome to the forum :wave:t3:

First of all you should read and understand How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question.

I am sure a lot of community members are more than willing to help you to solve the issue with the Email service. But:

Nobody here has paranormal abilities. Show us the relevant part of the modifications you have made inside configuration.yaml. Only then we might be able to spot the culprit why the service “is not showing in the list”. Additionally, which list could that be? :thinking:

Thank you @Tamsy,

I had copied and paste the content of my YAML configuration file, but for some reasons, the platform was reading it as links and I got errors about being a new user… anyway, inside the configuration.yaml file I have added the following:
notify:

- name: "emailint"
    platform: smtp
    server: "smtp.sssss.com"
    port: 587
    timeout: 15
    sender: "[email protected]"
    encryption: starttls
    username: "[email protected]"
    password: "xxxxxxxxx"
    recipient:
      - "[email protected]"
    sender_name: "SENDER_NAME"

Saved the changes and restarted the service and the server afterwards. I went to developer tools and services tab, in the dropdown menu, I can’t find the service notify.emailint that I have created with the changes above.

I have seen other people asking this question but no answer was provided.

Thank you

Hello,
Some updates on my issues:

Here is the error I get:
'Error setting up platform smtp

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/notify/legacy.py”, line 93, in async_setup_platform
notify_service = await hass.async_add_executor_job(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TimeoutError: timed out