Fantastic project and I look forward to getting things running.
Version 0.1.16 loaded correctly on my odroid n2+, which is the same hardware as HA Blue so that is a start.
I am not currently on my local network, and access HA via Nabu Casa, so I presume I cannot access EMHASS, which makes control difficult outside of LAN. Interesting other Add-On’s can still access localhost, so there maybe a way around that I haven’t identifed.
I have multiple inverters with multiple strings pointing in different directions, which doesn’t seem to be supported in the EMHASS configuration setup. I am also interested in the use of pvlib within EMHASS given the HA energy dashboard already has good support for solar forecasting though either the Solcast or Forecast.Solar integrations, which in my case are already setup.
EMHASS assumes that the solar compensation, TOU pricing and timings are constant, but there are other cases. I have forecast and actual feed in and general tariff pricing available in 30 minute blocks vi the Amber Electric Integration. That is OK, I can make a steady state approximation as to my TOU windows and pricing, but something to consider for the future, and something that would really benefit from the LP, although I suspect the calculations may need to occur more than once a day as my forecast pricing is updated every 30 minutes.
EMHASS assumes that the deferable loads needs to run for a fixed number of hours but there are other cases. My EV/ Home Battery charging time is an inverse function with its state of charge, the Power draw for EV charging can also be modulated to self consume excess solar, my Pool Heating time is a function of the temperature difference with the desired set point. My HVAC running time is a bizzare function of the temperature difference with the desired set point with an allowance for pre heating/ cooling before electricity price peak windows.
So looking forward to seeing how far we can push EMHASS.