Emulated_hue: Google Home discovers each device twice

I am using emulated_hue with:
emulated_hue:
type: google_home

Google Home does not work on different ports.

listen_port: 80
expose_by_default: false

and a few groups customized to be hue exposed.
They show up in …/api/pi/lights.

In the Google Home app the show up twice. And only turning the lights off works, but turning them on, while google acknowledges it, doesn’t affect anything.

Any ideas.?

you have a phisical Hue bridge too?

No. Only the emulated hue running on rpi3, together with Hass.

Somehow this automagically corrected itself over night.

Same behavior here. Each device was detected twice, but somehow overnight Google corrected itself.

Restart Google Home and the devices will be discovered correctly.

Duplicate devices are back. Restarted home app on my phone in addition to rebooting my google home device. Also tried “unlink account” and going through hue hub paring again. Duplicate devices always persist.

I had my settings emulate_hue settings to listen on port 80 before. I moved to 8300 and noticed all the JSON of the api/lights changed a lot once it was running on 8300. However, I still have duplicated devices in the app. I suspect Google sees it too as voice commands to “turn on the den light” are met with “I don’t know what you wanted to turn off”.

EDIT: I’m a moron. Turns out I had the emulated_hue and the ha_bridge devices both running. :frowning:

I am getting these duplicate devices but I only have emulated hue running and no ha-bridge. I do have 2 emulated hues I guess, 1 for GH and 1 for Alexa.

I waited overnight and they were still there. I removed the link to Hue in the app, un-linked the GH and rebooted then re-setup and everything is still duplicated.

Any ideas?

Hue lights?

Those may get duplicate if you don’t put emulated_hue false for each hue light??

Everything is duplicated, not just lights. I dont actually have anything Hue, I use Cree bulbs (via Wink) and lots of zwave.

When I checked the /api/pi/lights for the Google emulated_hue nothing was duplicated.

I am using the mulitple_emulated_hue setup btu the Alexa (8300) works fine, only the Google (80) is wonky.

1 Like