Enable & Disable Nest Camera Recording

:sweat_smile: my PR looks like will slip to 0.75

sweet! Thank you!

Nest Cam turn on/off feature merged. Will land in 0.75 release

2 Likes

I’m a newbie, so forgive me my mistakes, but is this available in hassio and lovelace ui? Because right now you can add the camera’s in lovelace and there’s a toggle to turn camera on/of but doesn’t work

Which lovelace card are you talking? I don’t know we have camera specific lovelace card.

You my friend are awesome! Thank you!

Thanks to @awarecan, as of release 0.75, my custom component is no longer necessary! :smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys. I know this is off topic but how do I get the stream from the nest camera to show in HA? The camera is setup with the API and all is good. Can we not see the stream from it?

Do you see a corresponding camera.xxx entity on the States page? If so, have you included that in the frontend somewhere? If the answers are yes and yes, then you should see it.

Oh, and it has to be “on”, otherwise you’ll just see something like this:

Once it’s in the frontend, and it’s on, then that should show the stream. It will only update every 10 seconds. If you want it to update more frequently, you need to click on it to open it in a larger window. Also, the rate at which it updates depends on whether or not you have a Nest Aware account.

i don’t see any entity that relates to the nest camera.

Hmm, I thought you said “all is good.” :wink: Then I don’t know. Are you using the latest 0.75.x release? @awarecan should be able to help you with this.

Ya I know I said it was good. “No errors I mean” lol.
Using the latest build of 0.75.2

Most likely you are not the “owner account” of your Nest Cam