Energizer Smart WiFi LED bulbs: do these work with Home Assistant?

Last week there was an offer at the Dirk stores in the Netherlands for Energizer Smart WiFi LED RGB(W) bulbs, in both E14 and E27 format, for € 5 each.
These are advertised to be working with a native Energizer Smart app, but also with Hey Google, Alexa and Siri, and they are powered by Tuya.

I bought some of them.
It looks like it is not easy to open them, so I cannot be sure that these are ESP8266 based.

Does somebody have experience with adding these bulbs to Home Assistant, preferably without needing permanent cloud access?
If so, which integration should I use? Can it be done via ESPHome?

Rather than using their own app, you can use tuya app to add your devices and rely on cloud based Tuya integration

1 Like

Thanks.
So this means that the control of them is always going through the cloud, and they will not work at all without cloud access?
I really would prefer non-cloud based usage, so there is no change of flashing them with ESPHome firmware after they are added to HA?

You can try flashing them with Tuya Convert but unless they are older ESP based devices it won’t work. No harm in trying though.

Thanks Tom.
Tuya is still completely new to me, so I will have a look at it. Hopefully it will work.

Hi @thusassistint, were you successful integrating the Energizer bulbs in Home Assistant? I just bought two of them and might follow your path.

1 Like

You can also try localtuya, I have a couple of non-TuyaConvert compatible devices working this way.

3 Likes

Thanks to this thread, and the fact that “Tuya” was automatically discovered by my Home Assistant installation, I moved the 12 devices I had from the Energizer Connect mobile app over to the Tuya Smart app, and now in Home Assistant I can see those 12 devices. Seems to work as expected using the devices this way instead of the Energizer instructions.