Energy costs in Sources Panel remain 0.0 (or -0.0)

having tried just about everything, and having confirmed there’s no issue in the entities, I still se my Cost panel displaying 0.0 on all cost entities:

I have an entities card with the same entities showing the correct figures (I guess):

ALl graphs are populated, the 3 gauge cards are also fine, but there’;s no way I can get the Cost entities to show correctly in the Sources panel

Please could anyone have a look to see what I could still check.

1 Like

answering myself here, for reference:

cost and compensation entities need to be recorded in recorder

what are those?

entities counting the energy returned to the grid and the price for that

MMhh sorry I do not get it.

For example I have a Shelly EM, so I used this entity

sensor.shellyem_b9exxx_channel_1_energy (is this the correct one, I also do not understand the entity sensor.shellyem_b9e745_channel_1_energy_returned … returned what?)
Also not sure which is the cost sensor

p.s. this energy thing is still a mistery to me, I do have a specific sensor for powere metering from grid, and power given to grid, but they do not appear in the dropdown list

sorry cant help you with these, other than they should have the necessary device_class and attributes for being picked up.

maybe you should check https://community.home-assistant.io/t/home-energy-management-in-2021-8/ for help on these specific devices

yes it is. it’s the energy consumed, as measured by the shelly em.

returned to the grid. did you read shelly’s documentation?

the cost sensor (and compensation sensor, for energy returned to the grid) is created by the energy integration, you don’t need to do anything for those. you just have to configure this:

• Grid consumption: sensors theat measure energy imported from the grid
  • Return to grid: sensors theat measure energy exported to the grid
  • Solar production: sensors theat measure energy produced by your PV system
  • Individual devices: sensors theat measure energy consumed by individual appliances

I use a smart meter (Elios4You) to measure energy imported/exported and produced. Then I use Shelly EMs and Shelly Plugs to measure consumption for individual devices. Shelly’s integration provides all needed attributes for the energy integration, they work perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Have the same problem, but as COST I put a static price when configuring the devices for the ENERGY, but still the cost is zero …=

as an alternative shall I make (how???) an entity with my fxed price …?

I included sensor.xxx_energy_cost in the recorder. He used a fixed price and after a few hours he started working

I still cannot find the entities to include in the recorder. I know the energy dashboard creates those, but I cannot find the sensors to record anywhere. I am recording imported and exported power, but do not seen any entity which records the cost. Any ideas on this?

The sensor.cost entity did not appear until some time after the energy graph was written.

I have the dashboard up and running for a while now, but there is no cost entity appearing in my lists…

EDIT: incorrect…there is a sensor for imported power yearly cost, but the value is strange and no sensor for exported power cost

Yes I was thinbking the same: but how to create a sensor with a fixed value?

I still don’t get this. I have the same issue. I have my recorder configured without any include and exclude statement, so I expect these cost sensors to be recorded, as basically I instruct Hass to record all entities. Still I have 0 cost/compensation in my Energy panel.