Energy Dashboard - How can I get the spikes out

Many hits on the forum about spikes in the energy dashboard. There must be an option to troubleshoot the data sources used in the energy dashboard and to get these spike out

tom_i, thanks for replying :slight_smile:

I think that you can remove them by editing the statistics data of the entity. Go to Developer tools > Statistics and click on the “Ajust Sum” button on the right Capture d’écran 2022-09-30 à 14.50.08

Then you can remove spikes

1 Like

Thanks, thats for removing them retrospectively. I would like them to not come in every day…

1 Like

Fix your sensor… They only come every day if your sensor is outputting invalid data when it shouldn’t.

Yep. We’ve been over this. The integration or inverter firmware needs fixing.

I have been over this with the esphome boys… nothing to fix anymore overthere.

Many people have this issue (not with my intergration/sensor from esphome but others).

Tom, I really could use some help with this one. O every topic I respond to this I am sent away (by you) that something must be wrong or needs to be fixed.

But I really don’t know what could be wrong or can be fixed. From my perspective everything is set ok.

Can you help me out please?

This is a spikey topic:

Has ANYONE actually countered this problem in a swift manner? I’m also having this issue with a range of different components, It can be shelly, zwave or modbus. Its not the component thats faulty, its how they send data to hassio or something else, mabye how its stored in the db…

I could also promote my old thread about letting hassio know when a value is out of the ordinary here: Severity attribute for entities

something needs to change, many of us need to fix the statistics for many sensors every month, and if we dont the energy stats page wont be worth much.

as it is now mabye a bad work around could be to create bandpassfilters for these sensors instead… but I then loose my history due to the new entity and it wouldnt be a good enough fix anyway.