Energy Dashboard “Last reset missing”

I hope someone can help me with my challenges.

I currently have 2 Eve energy Strips connected to my home assistant os(2022.3.8)
And they works as intended
They have entities that shows:
Amps used
Power used
Volts
And energy kWh which is a total number used since the device got reset I believe.

Now I thought it would be amazing to add them to the energy dashboard so it can give me a total calculations of power used.
But when I try it I get the following error:

“Last reset missing
The following entities have state class ‘measurement’ but ‘last_reset’ is missing:

• sensor.fryser_energy_kwh“

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you all in advance !

/Thrawn

The state class for “energy” entities should be “total_increasing” (energy consumed since the last reset), “measurement” is suitable for “power” entities expressed in W…

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you are saying :flushed:

Does this mean I can’t add it to the energy dashboard ?

It means you have to define your sensor correctly. Which integration did you use?

1 Like

Homekit controller

Then it found the device

Can I change it somehow?

Correct, the energy dashboard is not accepting measurement for an energy entity… To be added to the dashboard, the energy should be the energy consumed since the last reset… See link I provided to the documentation for the explanation of the different state class…

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:
Oh well that’s a shame. Would have been cool to see the total cost and usage of theirs strips as I have a couple more not in home assistant yet.
It just showed up on the dashboard setting so was hoping it would work :nerd_face:

Thank you again for your quick answer and help!

You still can.

Things to do:

1. Report the issue of the incorrect state class.

and

1. Try using customize to change the state_class to total_increasing.

or

1. Create a template sensor with the correct state_class.
3 Likes

Thank you for your help!

1. Done :slight_smile:

2. Edit: It works! :smiley: Thank you!!
    I gave it a try and I think i figured it out! Now I just need to wait a few hours ot see if the energy dashboard changes in anyway :open_mouth: No errors anymore at least. I just changed the state_class in the customize. Nothing else.

3. Template are above me. Been trying to find a good guide or tutorial for them but I learn by seeing the result of stuff. And stuff thats very math like and such gives me issues :slight_smile:

Again thank you! Crosing fingers for it will work

Well if (2) worked you don’t need (3). But this is quite good:

1 Like

Thank you
Ill give it a look :slight_smile: I have watched a few of his videos and he is usually quite good at explaining stuff.

Managed to solve?
If so, could you share the codes?
I have the same problem and I can’t find the solution even after reading the recommendations that friends have passed.