Energy dashboard , real consumption...?

Hi, i can configure Total solar production and also Grid production…

How are the bars shown? Lets say, there is solar production and i’m using the same amount of grid producton, so grid production is basicly 0

Do i still see the blue bar? Or what is shown? Is the real production show or the grid production ?

thnx in advance

Assuming you have the sensors set up correctly it should display like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 09-03-43 Energy – Home Assistant

Ok, let’s wait for the sunny periods again :slight_smile:

hey @tom_l , am i correct saying that the “return to grid” option is actually mandatory to make the energy dashboard work?

Example:

Leys say i have:

• Grid consumption 500W , Solar Production = 0W , i only see then a blue bar (Actual consumption = 500W)

• Grid consumption 500W , Solar Production = 200W , then my actual real consumption= 700W ? combined (blue and orange bar combined)

• Grid Consumption 0W , solar production = 700W, return to grid = 0W => real consumption (yellow bar should be 700W)

• Grid Consumption 0W , solar production = 700W, return to grid = 200W => real consumption (yellow bar should be 500W)

So in last example, if return to grid is not configured, it could never know my real consumption ?

Yes ans no.

It is not mandatory but if you have solar or other local generation with a grid connect system and you want that information to show up then yes you need to add a sensor for return to grid.

Otherwise all you will see is this:

indeed, but if i provide only grid consumption with solar production, then my real consumption is wrong?
It can only be correct if i add return to grid production

difference between below 2 exmaples, correct?

• Grid Consumption 0W , solar production = 700W, return to grid = 0W => real consumption (yellow bar should be 700W)
  • Grid Consumption 0W , solar production = 700W, return to grid = 200W => real consumption (yellow bar should be 500W)

In your use case. Yes.

But it is still not mandatory. Some people don’t have local generation.

ok, thnx for feedback

ok, setup yesterday, i think it looks correct, sun is starting shining, and my energy usage stays the same, just using more solar production

1 Like

I like it :slight_smile: