Because you have set a max value?

all_in_enkeltarief_gas:
    name: All-in enkeltarief Gas
    initial: 0.725 
    min: 0.000
    max: 0.999
    mode: box
    step: 0.001

:see_no_evil: Yes… I was distracted by my “helpers” and forgot about the manual creation of the input numbers. solved, thanks!

Hi coen, I am new to home assistant and I would also like to have that energy overview just like you made. but wouldn’t know how to do that. would you like to help me? I am from the Netherlands by the way.

Hi Erik, at the top of the topic you can find the configuration. If you have specific issues you can always ask the community.

Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unavailable' when rendering template '{{ (states.sensor.power_consumption.state | float * 1000) | round(0) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1
Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{{ (states.sensor.power_consumption.state | float * 1000) | round(0) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1

Hi Coen, I had already seen that one, yes, but can I just copy it and paste it all in the configuration.yaml?

No, you must change entity names and/or remove entity that you dont have.

ok i get that, so i copy the text from ,utility_meter , input_number , sensor ,and ui_lovelace , all to configuration.yaml and modify the entity names in it and delete the ones I don’t have.

If I change the configuration and put it in configuration.yaml I get this error

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 2, column 1
expected , but found ‘-’
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 110, column 1

I can’t seem to figure out why the usage values are so high, is there something I can configure to get them to display right?

Is there anyone willing to help me on my way?

Look like you showing a graph from the home assistant core energy dashboard that has nothing to do with this topic Energy Management in Home Assistant - Home Assistant

The error show a error on specific line in you code so you have to check if the yaml santax is right. It would help to copy and paste the code lines here.
this configuration is not the easiest to start with if you don’t no how the yaml config work.

bad indentation of a mapping entry at line 145, column 3:
- platform: dsmr
^

what does that mean?

How do I convert ft^3 to therms?

Without seeing the rest of the YAML it’s very hard to say, but my guess is that the platform needs indented by two spaces because it is a child of another object. For example:

sensor:

Would be correct, but:

sensor:

Would not.

Do you mean the actual conversion from one to the other or a sensor device setup that does it?

Right now I have a template with this:

- sensor:
    name: Gas Energy Metric
    unique_id: sensor.gas_meter_reading
    state: >-
      {{ states('sensor.gas_meter_reading')|float(0)*0.0103412 }}
    icon: mdi:fire
    unit_of_measurement: "ftÂł"
    state_class: "total_increasing"
    device_class: "gas"

and sensors.yaml:

- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: "metermon/#######"
  name: "Gas Meter Reading"
  qos: 0
  value_template: "{{ value_json.Consumption }}"
  unit_of_measurement: ftÂł
  device_class: "gas"

when i try to rename ft³ to “therms” the energy dashboard says it’s not a valid unit.

Hi all,

in about a month we all will face this:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:1254
First occurred: December 5, 2021, 16:22:23 (150 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:00:24

Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{% set a = states('sensor.last_year_power') | float %} {% set b = states('input_number.all_in_enkeltarief_stroom') | float %} {% set c = states('input_number.netbeheerkosten_stroom') | float %} {% set d = states('input_number.vaste_leveringskosten_stroom') | float %} {% set e = states('input_number.vermindering_energiebelasting_stroom') | float %} {{ ((((a * b) + c) + d) + e) | round(2) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1
Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unavailable' when rendering template '{{ (states.sensor.power_consumption.state | float * 1000) | round(0) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1
Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{{ (states.sensor.power_consumption.state | float * 1000) | round(0) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1
      {{ states('sensor.gas_meter_reading')|float(0)*0.0103412 }}

Sender, see above on the work around for float. Set the default with float(0) and it should work.