Energy hourly balance for Solar Instalations

Hi!

In Spain we have “Energy Hourly Balance” for Solar instalations. Each hourly we need to paid or get a discount after calculate the total of grid consumption - grid inyection, so I made a component get the consumption and inyection net values.

This is normal HA energy usages (without balance)

And this with balance

What is FV? Unfortunally the readme in Github is Not in english. Not easy for non-spain dudes. :frowning:

@DispoKing updated. FV → Solar Panels.

The readme is in spanish because is a component for specific system of Spain. I don’t know other country with hourly balance.

1 Like

In Poland from April 2022 we have also hourly balance so it would be nice to have english version of your component :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is also the case in Poland. If you can, translate the entity names, if not into Polish, at least into English :slight_smile:

And if you can, add the ability to select more reverse and forward energy sensors :wink:
I also use utility_meter (peak, offpeak).

@Jordan87 - Are you using MEW-01? Which sensors will you use? energy_balanced or energy (normal)?

I have SDM630 with modbus connection. In my case it will be:
sensor.export_wh_since_last_reset
sensor.import_wh_since_last_reset

edit
for hourly balance it shouldnt matter if you use phase balanced value or not, after hourly balance value should be the same. :wink:

I don’t undertand that.

I am working with a new version and fighting (and losing) with unique id migration. After that, I will look how make a multilanguage sensors name.

1 Like

I have a main entity of power consumption from the grid:

sensor.0_electricity_meter_total_forward_active_energy
I convert using utility meter (Utility Meter - Home Assistant) into two entities (peak and offpeak):

sensor.total_forward_active_energy_peak
and
sensor.total_forward_active_energy_offpeak

So I would like to add a total of three entities to your addon:

sensor.0_electricity_meter_total_reverse_active_energy
sensor.total_forward_active_energy_peak
sensor.total_forward_active_energy_offpeak

edit:
finally I would like to get 4 entities:

sensor.balance_net
sensor.exportacion_net
sensor.importacion_neta_peak
sensor.importacion_neta_offpeak

Use multiple sensors could be complex… But, you can use total in balance and use utility meter from total_net for create peak and offpeak, no?

It should work.

Ps. How to use your tool with two energy meters?

sensor.0_electricity_meter_total_forward_active_energy
sensor.1_electricity_meter_total_forward_active_energy

sensor.0_electricity_meter_total_reverse_active_energy
sensor.1_electricity_meter_total_reverse_active_energy

I tried to add a second entity bundle but it doesn’t work…

edit:
ps. why are you doing an offset of 5 minutes for the entity:

sensor.exportacion_net
sensor.importacion_net

From what I see there is 5 seconds offset before each hour.

You’re right.

Although I originally suggested this:

I am working in multiconfiguration version (it is the reason of unique_id migration hell…)

The reason of 5 second offset is because HA stats use from XX:00:00 to XX:59:59, and, if HA have big load, can take a few seconds in save the data it will save at XX:00:01, so HA take it to next hour.

Maybe can use a lower offset (1 second maybe), but, most power metter sensors update data in 10-60 seconds, so…

2 Likes

I think 5 seconds offset is fine but maybe you can add in future custom value as a new feature :wink:

1 Like

I added multi-language support with english translation and multi device to a new beta: Release V1.3-Beta3 · MiguelAngelLV/balance_neto · GitHub

In HACS, you can set “show beta” and download the 1.3-Beta3.

PD: If we a polish translation, only I need if any translate these JSON:

1 Like

pl.json

{
  "config": {
    "error": {
      "unknown": "Nieoczekiwany błąd"
    },
    "step": {
      "user": {
        "data": {
          "grid_import": "Energia czynna pobrana - kWh",
          "grid_export": "Energia czynna zwrócona - kWh"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "entity": {
    "sensor":{
      "net_exported": {
        "name": "Energia - Export netto"
      },
      "net_imported": {
        "name": "Energia - Import netto"
      },
      "net_balance": {
        "name": "Energia - Bilans netto"
      }
    }
  }
}
1 Like

Added to beta 4 :wink:

3 Likes

Big thanks for your time and effort! :slight_smile:

As far as I see its not showing polish names yet with Beta4

This is newly added second “device” and its using english names.

Do you plan in addon to reset value for net_exported and net_imported?
At least in 2023 in Poland we have some limit (for most of people 3000kWh), before exceading it price for kWh is lower. Its still unknown if for 2024 it will be the same but it would be nice if addon at midnight new years eve will resets its value, in that way in next year we will be able to monitor our limit for import netto value.
Thanks!

btw, can I send you some money for “beer” to appreciate your work? :slight_smile:

edit
And maybe you can translate description to English in HACS :wink:

It is weird… It is working for me:

You translate manually the name to english before update?

It is not necessary

Ams… yeah… And the title too… it is beta, everything is allowed!

For these, i think that a utility meter is better option, because you will have the complete import/export in the net values and the anual control in another sensor that you can reset when you need it.

For first “device” i renamed entites to own polish names (old version). For second “device” those from my screen were not renamed, this is how addon created them (Beta4).