Energy Management in Home Assistant

thanks for the pointer … but …

with this i can edit datapoints of sensors. does editing one such datapoint trigger a recalculation of all related statistics? (can’t see this mentioned anywhere)

as expected it’s quite a pita to actually find a single rouge datapoint (if i need to do it with a sql-query i can as well update with such…)

so i hope this won’t be the only ‘fix’ for this symptom caused by a competely different issue. as mentioned above - i’d hope for ways to actually avoid such implausible data reaching the database or at least not get into the calculation of a stat…

thanks.

For that you would have to raise issues with the dev of the integration that supplied the rogue reading or as others have suggested use a template to filter the data yourself

I agree however this is a standard integration from Home Assistant. AFAIK I have zero access to such things, let alone the ability/knowledge to fix them.

Thanks, I updated and tried it out. It’s very clunky to use and the results are weird.

E.g.: where it had a solar production value of something like 46,000kWh for one hour at night, I used the data correction tool to replace that erroneous value with zero. It’s night, there’s no solar PV output and all the values either side of that interval were also zero.

But now the chart is still showing the erroneous value but has added a second erroneous value in the following hour interval exactly the negative of the original. For long term statistics these two wrongs end up making a right so the long term charts look correct now, but the data on those days has been made just that bit more ridiculous, and worse, those erroneous value do NOT appear in the data correction tool, so I’m stuck with no way to correct them.

1 Like

did i say plausibility yet? :wink:

for sure devs of integrations will learn to consider what harm their data can do in stats and implement measures to avoid such mess. but given the diy nature of HA by far not all is done via integrations. and with the energy dashboard having been pushed in the way it was - looking pretty and easy to use on the outside but needing quite some care on the inside (to get consistent data fed) this probably will stick with us for quite a while as the DIY approach (‘a little messy but still works’) isn’t quite compatible with what the stats feature requires.

still hope things will evolve quickly - just missing a little the open discussions on how it should (but maybe i just hadn’t looked at the right places yet)

I don’t even need to run a plausibility test, I have the data elsewhere so I actually know what it should be.

But what is weird is the data correction tool has itself generated a new erroneous number which is now not correctable with the data correction tool.

I’ve got the exact same thing with one day, so I made the corrections to the rogue data points after 2022.4 was released this week. But for me, it’s not only my solar data which is out of sorts, it’s also the consumption data above it. The source data and totals for production, grid, home, and battery are now correct, but the center visuals are incorrect and I’ve been unable to figure out how to correc those.

Any luck finding a way to recalculate those?

I found I had multiple entities on the affected day with erroneous data. So I had to hover over the graph and note the entity_id and then go and change the data point for that one. Then go back and find the next one until I did all three (in my case)

Since this is The Energy Management related post+thread, I probably should have posted my question originally here. I’ve tried to find a solution from this thread and elsewhere, but could not.

So, I’m having difficulties getting Energy panel to show figures per device properly. It looks like when reporting energy usage, it treats values from sensor like “measurement”, while they are “total_increasing” – if I’ve understood this correctly. How to correct the situation?

All help appreciated.

Have looked at the helper valued metered utility?

Hi @cloudbr34k. I have, but don’t quite understand how it would solve this problem…

my understanding is the new entity will be a counter for the cycle. so if its daily it records the total for the day?

I have some problems since 2022.4 is it the solaredge Lifetime energy causing this problem?

I all loving the dashboard added everything using a mix of victron modbus and Emporia vue 2 with flashed with esphome

Wondering if there is a way to edit the energy flow gui to show my EV as either a subset of the house or as a second battery store as at the moment im just seeing it as house energy use.

Is there any way to add a chart like the one on the energy dashboard to other dashboards?

1 Like

Yes you can! The different available cards (all in the Energy dashboard) can be found here

1 Like

I actually wanted to duplicate the dashboart, is that possible?

The device is called the “Emerald Electricity Advisor”. Its non-replaceable batteries last up to 7 years, and when they die, it gets thrown away.

I’m not hopeful about interfacing this with my HA via BT, so I’m going to explore other impulse counters to see what I can use. The “Glow” looks interesting.

I have reverse engineered the Emerald Electricity Advisor BLE API (and the Emerald Cloud API):

Next step is to create an esphome component for it.

I have a device (Vaillant gas boiler with Multimatic integration) that updates the total consumption only once a day. But the time of the update changes every few days, so I get spikes in the energy graph. Is there a way to base the graph on average consumption values (average daily consumption for example)? So when the update interval is 5 hours, it doesn’t show a very low consumption, and if it’s longer, a very high one?

Hi, i have after update to new HA version at energy a very high consumtion, but this is not correct. In past i have deleted this entry, but this is not a way alway after update deleted entrys at DB. what am I doing wrong?