Energy: overlay outdoor temperature on top of Energy usage

Hi,

Living in Scandinavia and with the energy prices going insane, we have to survive to adapt to the market situation and learn new habits to heat up our houses.

One feature I would love to have is the temperature overlay on top of the Energy usage graph in the Energy dashboard.

My energy provider give this sort of graph:

It provides very valuable information for optimizing houses with full electric heating for example.

I could try to help with this if someone could give me few pointers where to look / get started with the source code.

Cheers,
-Damien

Having temperture as a optional factor helps analysing the historical data, and especially since the compare function was introduced in the Energy daschboard (a comparison which could be improeved by enabling a user defined reference time, comparing November with October does not make sense in temperated climates, while this November compared to last year does, but then temperature is a vital factor).

This is very vital information for comparing data. Hopefully implemented some day, needs a lot more votes.

Overlaying outside temperature would be super useful on the Energy view. I’d also love to be able to add some other arbitrary sensors, like an internal temp or tracking when certain people are home.

1 Like

Agree completely. Would be nice to have it in the energy panal and not have to do a separate ApexCharts card for this.

How does this still not exist?! It looks like it’s possible with Grafana, but that’s a long way to go to get one view.

Add my vote! Temperature is very much associated with energy consumption, and a superposition of this information could be interesting. Perhaps allow both indoor and outdoor temperature average overlay.

By tracking the hours spent cooling and heating the house (via the thermostat) and using historic bills to calculate the efficiency of the HVAC (kWh/h and CCF/h), I was able to estimate the electricity used to cool and gas used to heat the house. This could be used to figure out what fraction of energy is consumed by temperature regulation for those that can measure utility utilization directly.

In theory, one could also predict the monthly bill with the influence of temperature estimates. I am curious if anyone is successful in using historical or predictive energy data to curb expense.