Enhanced version of MQTT HVAC (Climate platform) with proper History Chart

Hi Taras

i have a problem with the mqtt hvac because i have a danish nilan Compact s heatpump/ventilationsystem also with hot water and i would like to have the system actual running mode shown i ha i can get the state witch i a number between 0 -16 but during to the Hvac mqtt climate template it only accepts these modes
- “off”
- heat
- dry
- cool
- fan_only
- auto
and i have all theese
0 : Off
1 : Shift
2 : Stop
3 : Start
4 : Standby
5 : Ventilation stop
6 : Ventilation
7 : Heating
8 : Cooling
9 : Hot water
10 : Legionella
11 : Cooling + hot water
12 : Central heating
13 : Defrost
14 : Frost secure
15 : Service
16 : Alarm

Is there a easy way around that

best regards kdy

I don’t think you’ve posted your question in the correct topic. This topic is about a custom MQTT HVAC component that I no longer support.

Your question appears to be about the standard MQTT HVAC integration. According to its documentation, here are the modes it supports:

modes
(list)(Optional)
A list of supported modes. Needs to be a subset of the default values.
Default value:
[“auto”, “off”, “cool”, “heat”, “dry”, “fan_only”]

and here are the actions it supports (equivalent to what you called the “actual running mode”):

action_topic
(string)(Optional)
The MQTT topic to subscribe for changes of the current action. If this is set, the climate graph uses the value received as data source. Valid values: off , heating , cooling , drying , idle , fan .

Your HVAC system can only be represented by these modes and actions. MQTT HVAC can’t use any other modes/actions that your HVAC system may have.

All I can suggest is that you create a Template Sensor to report the whatever MQTT HVAC cannot.

Yes you are right

i am currios to why it is not possibel to modify the mqtt hvac is it hardcoded or does it use some template and who do i have to ask to get more modes

sorry if i ask stupid questions i am new to Ha how i make a template sensor that will show modes acording to a state number from 0-16

thanks in advance
kdy