EnOcean - General Setup

Hi everyone,

Just a Update from my end

For me most of the EnOcean devices work now
I use a Node red there is a set of nodes you can add.

Hi SvenRhein,

iā€™m seeing this post and seems to be pretty much at the same level you were when posting on the forum. Have you find a way to link an action to your EnOcean button pressed?

Hi Olwin,

were you able to integrate the Becker EnOcean shutters? Iā€™ve got mine last week and would love to know how you did it.

Not yet, unfortunately.

So far IĀ“ve settled for pairing them with Eltako remotes.

HAĀ“s EnOcean integration is still a measly as it used to be.

Nobody seems to have mercy with us EnOceanists. :frowning:

If I werenĀ“t as swamped as I am, IĀ“d set up a spare Raspi with the spare EnOcean stick and try to come up with my own integration.

I might find the time to sit down on this by end of the year, and itĀ“d involve learning python, finding out what makes a HA integration tick, followed by endless research and lots of trial and errors.

At the current pace of progress (on the EnOcean front), though, I still might beat the HA crew to it :smiley:

Did you try EnOceanMQTT Plugin? Seems promising to me. It supports some of the profiles and documentation says that teach in is also possible.
I will invest some time to try it. If I succeed, I will write a manual.

Yeah, plugins on top of plugins. They make my OCD senses cringe.

The way I see it, HA supports MQTT, Nodered and such to offer a simple way to integrate existing ecosystems.

A means to an end, perhaps, but for me it feels like a house of cards. They canĀ“t possibly add to reliability, stability or transparency.

I rather rely on native integrations. In the current state, my HA runs like 200 devices with no issues (except the occasional glitch) and IĀ“m quite reluctant to compromise that.

That said, a few years ago I DID try and set up a test system with MQTT.
A friend thought it was a cool idea, talked me into this, and we set up a half-ass IObroker / MQTT system on a half-ass Raspberry-and-breadboard test system kludge, mostly driven by his half-ass knowledge.

It felt like Chinese Whispers to me and I instantly hated it. Of course, we failed miserably and mothballed the project very soon.

However, if you can come up with a simple, fool proof and reproducible ā€œEnOceanMQTT for HAā€ cookbook, Iā€™ll be all game :smiley:

I find myself reformed.

After growing impatience and frustration with the (lack of) EnOcean support from HA, I installed MQTT and mak-gitdevĀ“s HA_enoceanmqtt.

You can read the fool proof and reproducible cookbook on the Github page.

ItĀ“s far from complete, but itĀ“s lightyears ahead of the origininal integration and it covers most of my needs.