Enphase Envoy with Energy Dashboard

Ah yep. I see how that would be confusing. As that post is talking about a view card, the modification is done in the dashboard area.

Go to
edit dashboard
add card
custom: apex cards chart (it’s a hacs Lovelace interface repo found at GitHub - RomRider/apexcharts-card: 📈 A Lovelace card to display advanced graphs and charts based on ApexChartsJS for Home Assistant )
Then put the yaml into the
card config

ok done. but I noticed the card is too small… Am I missing something? Also dont see the icons up top as per your screens.

Also found the reason for the error in the code its the “-” missing infront of the “name: Grid Export Power”

Change the view type to panel.

To do that. Press the 3 dots and edit dashboard. Then press the pencil icon for that home tab.

As for the icons, that my custom dashboard I’ve created and given icons to each panel.

Ok yes that fixed the view. I am gonna now gonna tackle the cost in your code. If the usage is a set price which is 0.2787 and daily supply is around 0.92, guess I dont have peak and off peak like you.

I noticed something interesting now. The total consumption for the day is around 4kw less but the export to grid is higher compared to the app. Cant figure that one. Do you see anything wrong in this snip?

Hello, I tried to use the energy dashboard, but for some reason, this doesn’t work:
For ‘Solar Production’, the today_s_ENERGY_production sensor is the ONLY enphase sensor that will work with energy dashboard by default without modifying home assistant and creating extra power and energy sensors.
In my current power production I see that my solar panels are generating power.
But even after a day the today_s_ENERGY production sensor still shows up 0.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.
Rein

Hi @reinhochstenbach,

Your issue reminded me of this other post.

Are you using the ha core enphase integration or a forked repo via HACS?

On the ha core enphase integration, there are 4 production related sensors and 4 consumption related sensors.

The 4 sensor names contain:
current_power
today_s_energy
last_seven_days_energy
lifetime_energy

Have you checked all 3 energy sensors to see if any of them are increasing?

I suspect you might be using a forked HACS repo for your enphase system and that might be introducing unexpected problems. If that is the case, then you need to raise a problem with the author of the repo on GitHub if your power sensor is working but energy sensor is not.

Hi @Mrsash

Maybe don’t use the lifetime sensor for production.
The today_s_energy is more suitable as it resets at midnight like this.

update: Let solar do its thing without touching it yesterday.

dash showsimage
App on phone showsimage

There is definitely a discrepancy. Any thoughts?

Using ha core integration, didnt install anything from HACS for enphase. If you mean these should be more than zero then yes. Will monitor in a few minutes. Basically I want to duplicate what you have in the core integration.

update: Yup they are updating and increasing. The only one that didnt change was grid import(maybe because overporducing right now

Hi @Mrsash,

Regarding the core/hacs question, that was me replying to @reinhochstenbach’s post.

Regarding your discrepancy, the production and consumption totals are within 0.1KWh to 0.2KWh of each other which I would be ok with.
Where they get wild is the is the grid import and grid export seems to be incorrect by 1.5KWh to 1.8KWh in the wrong direction. This means that the integration integration approximated that export was occurring when instead import was actually occurring.

There are at least 3 factors that can influence the figures not being totally identical:

• Was HA rebooted at all for the 24 hour period?

• Did the enphase envoy wifi connection drop out at all for the 24 hour period?

This final factor is most likely and not much can be done about it unfortunately given the granularity of data samples it has to work with:

• Given that HA only gets enphase envoy updates/samples every minute, there are 59 seconds out of every minute that are not sampled and that is where an approximation sum needs to be used to approximate what else happened in the 59 second gap.

The integration integration uses Riemann Sum to approximate what might have occurred between the 1 minute samples.

At this point, the only lever you could play with is this:

Riemann sum method to be used. Available methods are trapezoidal , left and right

I’ve chosen left but feel free to try the other 2 methods and see if that improves or makes it worse.

Right

Imagine each column as the minute samples and the blue shaded area being the approximation for each different method.

If you want even more granular data from the enphase envoy, there is an add on that can get data up to every second using mqtt protocol, however it only works with v5 firmware and also consider that HA will be processing and storing 60x more data if you decide to use it.

See:

I tried playing with the trapezoidal , left and right settings but that did not really help.
The consumption and production values are pretty close, its only the Grid thats off

Also whats your experience like?

Hi @del13r ,

Thanks for your reply.
I have a D7.* firmware and indeed am using the Enphase Envoy Dev integration.
I will check with the author of the dev repo :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Regards

Enlighten 27.02

HA 27/02

Enlighten 26/02

HA 26/02

Enlghten 25/02

HA 25/02

Enlighten 24/02

HA 24/02

What version is your Enlighten app? Mine doesn’t have that kind of graph. I’m using version 3.7.1 on Android, downloaded from Google Play Store.

I am on iOS and I press the energy button at the bottom.

You only have that graph if you have the Envoy Metered including the CT-clamps installed.

If you have the Envoy Standard then you only get to see the production side. Not the consumption side. You can use a P1 reader (e.g. a P1 cable connected to a Raspberry Pi with HA) to get the consumption side. And let HA create the dashboard for you.

I do have Envoy-S-Metered-EU (SKU: ENV-S-EM-230).

And the Enlighten app Energy doesn’t show that graph (screenshot below).

For the consumption, I use P1 meter, that’s correct.

It’s okay, I am just wondering why I don’t see that kind of graph on my Enlighten app.

Do you have CT-clamps installed in your fusebox? If you have a 3-phase system you need 6 CT-clamps.

If not…the Envoy Metered is just functioning as an Envoy Standard.

No, I don’t have CT clamps. So, I guess that’s the reason.

1 Like

You could contact your installer. There is no need for the, more expensive, Metered Envoy if you don’t use the CT-clamps.

1 Like

Really appreciate this information! So I have (2) Envoy Emphase combiners for my system. How would I leverage your instructions to combine the two together for import/export energy information?