Enphase Envoy with Energy Dashboard

That is exactly what I told them in the answer mail .

@del13r
I found this: http://192.168.0.134/ivp/ensemble/inventory

When I enter that I got all info I need. Only stupid problem now is that security code that comes in my way to automate it.
The strange thing is the mail from enphase that it is not possible to read this info.

[ { “type”: “ENCHARGE”, “devices”: [ { “part_num”: “83”, “installed”: 1638368692, “serial_num”: “123456789012”, “device_status”: [ “envoy.global.ok”, “prop.done” ], “last_rpt_date”: 1638999883, “admin_state”: 6, “admin_state_str”: “ENCHG_STATE_READY”, “created_date”: 1638368692, “img_load_date”: 1638368692, “img_pnum_running”: “2.6.4134_rel/21.19”, “zigbee_dongle_fw_version”: “100B”, “operating”: true, “communicating”: true, “sleep_enabled”: false, “percentFull”: 3, “temperature”: 17, “maxCellTemp”: 18, “comm_level_sub_ghz”: 4, “comm_level_2_4_ghz”: 4, “led_status”: 17, “dc_switch_off”: false, “encharge_rev”: 2, “encharge_capacity”: 3500 }, { “part_num”: “83”, “installed”: 1638368681, “serial_num”: “123456789012”, “device_status”: [ “envoy.global.ok”, “prop.done” ], “last_rpt_date”: 1639000031, “admin_state”: 6, “admin_state_str”: “ENCHG_STATE_READY”, “created_date”: 1638368681, “img_load_date”: 1638368681, “img_pnum_running”: “2.6.4134_rel/21.19”, “zigbee_dongle_fw_version”: “100B”, “operating”: true, “communicating”: true, “sleep_enabled”: false, “percentFull”: 3, “temperature”: 13, “maxCellTemp”: 14, “comm_level_sub_ghz”: 3, “comm_level_2_4_ghz”: 3, “led_status”: 17, “dc_switch_off”: false, “encharge_rev”: 2, “encharge_capacity”: 3500 } ] } ]

They would likely be referring to cloud API rather than local.
Given local is not officially documented, they would not be equipped to support you.

You are probably most interested in that part.

Yeps. I just send a mail to Enphase wit the question to allow me to read my data from my device just like before the update… hope someone finds a way round this code.

1 Like

Hi @gregtd

I was wondering how the official Enphase Integration for Home Assistant deals with the new JWT token based authentication introduced in v7.x.x of the Envoy software?

What method does the official Home Assistant Enphase Envoy integration gather data from the envoy?
Does it download the .json file from http://envoy.local/production.json
or does it scrape data from the http://envoy.local/home page in html
or does it do something completely different?

Hi All,

I don’t have solar panels yet, but I have an offer for an installation, including a Enphase Envoy-S.
As I’m posting here, I’m using Home Assistant, I have a P1 reader for monitoring my energy usage.
And with this in mind I wanted to chose a solar installation which I could connect to that as well.

What (I think, please correct me if I’m wrong) I’m reading here is that this used to be working perfectly fine, but with the latest update to the Envoy this broke with regards to local access.
Unless you create a token every week, which doesn’t sound like a preferred situation.

An alternative to this is using their cloud api which is limited to an update once every 5 minutes.
I see some responses that this would be useless, but as I don’t have a current installation I can’t directly understand why this would be.
Would anybody be so kind to explain what the issue is (assuming they don’t further reduce the functionality of the free plan)?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not at all stating that there is no issue, but I can’t see the impact yet.
From a principal standpoint I don’t like cutting the local access (without communication) and having to rely on a cloud platform at all.

This resulted in a longer post than I expected, but I’m in doubt whether I should continue with this purchase including the Enphase components.

Any advice or context on the issue is highly appreciated!

1 Like

Answer from Enphase : Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience while we get through this.

We will not be able to confirm the date when it is going to release. However, we’ll soon support our V4 API release. It’s going to happen this month. I would request you follow the Enphase website and the newsletters to know the updates.

1 Like

I’m just trying to wrap my head around the best way to proceed - I have access to the stream API via the installer login and scripts linked earlier, as well as production.json (still on 5.x thankfully).

Can someone confirm the right way to approach setting things up to get it feeding into the HA Energy monitoring? It seems like the stream way is preferable?

I get the template sensors side of things and using the REST component for production.json — just not sure the best way to do it for the streaming approach?

I feel my first couple of posts in this topic are the best way to integrate with energy dashboard.

As an example, the only benefit of the python script that requires the installer password is that you can see live (updates every second) power consumption and solar production in watts as well as voltage and power factor. You might still need the official enphase integration for the rest of the information that energy dashboard needs.

In my experience, the stream of information being constantly consumed and recorded by home assistant via the mqtt protocol will consume 60x more data per sensor when compared with the official enphase integration. I only find the mqtt data useful for live monitoring and have turned off the recorder function for the mqtt sensors for this very reason.

The live updates was one of the things which interests me - eg being able to turn devices on and off and see the impact on consumption in real time - right now I have something of a lag with the native integration!

You would use the native Envoy integration and the templates etc. to feed the Energy platform, and the mqtt sensors from the Python script to feed your own real-time displays.

1 Like

Your post asked about HA Energy Monitoring. I assumed that meant energy dashboard. HA Energy dashboard has a 1.2 hour delay.

My mistake - having not set it up yet I assumed it would show you real time as well! :sunglasses:

Today I got my solar panels installed and received an Enphase S. Running HA on an Odroid N2+ and installed the Enphase integration.
In the Energy Dashboard I want to add my Solar Production but when I select the arrow it doesn’t show sensor.envoy_xxxxxxxxxxxx_lifetime_energy_production as on option to select

Can this only be selected as soon as I produced energy? Does somebody has any idea?

sensor.envoy_xxxxxxxxxxxx_lifetime_energy_production
state_class: total_increasing
unit_of_measurement: Wh
device_class: energy
icon: mdi:flash
friendly_name: Envoy *serial number* Lifetime Energy Production

It seems I incorrectly wrote lifetime instead of today_s

1 Like

Thanks del13r

As I found the resolution, maybe also interesting for others.

I didn’t see it as an option to select as I didn’t include it in Recorder option in the Configuration.yaml I use the Recorder only with an include statement and I needed to add the lifetime ENERGY production sensor

I will also change it to Today as you mentioned

Sorry for Dutch:

I thought the Enphase Integration was broken by the firmware update, wasn’t it?
Still have an offer for solar panels (see couple of posts above) but still in doubt regarding Enphase, could you elaborate briefly on what works and what doesn’t ?

Thanks!

I’m still on old firmware level and it still works so I can fully monitor the system. Next to that I have the P1 slimme lezer which is also giving the right info

I have a P1 slime lezer as well, what information from your solar installation does it provide?
Are you planning to stay on the old firmware? If so, how are you blocking the update?