Enphase Envoy with Energy Dashboard

If you want to fix the error “Currently ‘int’ will return ‘0’, however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1” then you need to specify a default value - int(0) defaults to zero

There’s lots of local urls available including the following - see if any of these work on your old style Envoy:

Some may require the installer Password. My Github repo mentioned above uses the last url (which needs the installer password) - there’s instructions in the repo on how to obtain the password.

Thanks. All of these URLs return 404, except the /ivp/ensemble/inventory, which asks for authentication (userid and password). And after I fail the auth, it redirects to port 9404 on the envoy. My old Envoy only has plaintext HTTP also, no TLS - thus http URLs only.

I’ll check out your git repo. Do you think if I get the proper credentials, the /ivp/ensemble/inventory URI is going to provide more granular data about production? I don’t really care about the per-microinverter subtotals. Enlighten shows that already.

What I’m mostly interested in is getting the production over time Ideally with similar resolution to what enlighten manager shows.

And I’d like to combine that data with the one from my Rainforest Eagle (RFA-Z109) which obtains net data from my utility SmartMeter every 15 seconds. I want to do that to see see the consumption over time, excluding the solar production. This requires adding up the solar production to the net grid consumption from the Rainforest.

I understand the Energy feature in HA is pretty new, though, and might not be able to do all this yet.

Have you tried the urls as http:// ? You’ll need the stream/meter url to display per second power. I have the new Envoy-S which Enphase upgraded the firmware to 7.x.x and most of those urls don’t currently work. Edit - I just realised your Envoy does production only, so possibly the steam/meter url won’t work

Yes, of course. I tried them all as http://envoy.local/uri .

Forced firmware upgrades are really a PITA. I’d like to put all my IoT devices on a separate VLAN without Internet access at all, ideally, to stop those from happening. That, and security breaches.

Yes, my Envoy is production only.
For the utility meter, I have the Rainforest Eagle.

These are all the sensors I got in my brand new HA install. Which again, I just setup yesterday.
I have HAOS 64-bit on an SD card on a Raspberry Pi 3.

The Eagle device is the older RFA-Z109 also, not the Eagle 200 model, but the software sensors are called 200 nevertheless.

I don’t think the sensors for either the meter or Envoy provide sufficient data at this time.

The Eagle uploads its more detailed data to Wattvision in the cloud. But on free plans, only the last 7 days are kept. I couldn’t find any Wattvision integration for HA.

FYI, as far as firmware goes, this is what my Envoy has.

Thanks so much for your help. For some reason, even though it had the error/warning, it still managed to pull all my sensor data through so it’s all good. Also I accidentally ticked the MQTTLS checkbox and it only showed a few sensors but when I unticked it, I could see all the other stuff.

Appreciate your help!

also empty “storage”:[{“type”:“acb”,“activeCount”:0,“readingTime”:0,“wNow”:0,“whNow”:0,“state”:“idle”}]

hi @del13r

I just wanted to say a big thank you to you!! I found this thread tonight and it has resolve so many of the “little things” that were P 'ing me off with negative night time readings and the inability of the HA Energy tab to accept Enphase outputs!!

Thank you for also being so helpful to everyone that has asked any question. Its so nice to find someone that is so helpful and explains everything to the lowest and often most understandable level :slight_smile: cheers bro (mate).

Also thank you to the many others that have been supporting this thread with their vey helpful comments and advice.

I’m in the UK and on the Octopus GO tariff and by combining lots of different Enphase, Octopus and MyEnergi yaml and Integrations I have tweaked my system to a pretty good state. (At least Im happy with it :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hi @angusc,

That is great to hear.
That’s what this community is about really - getting our devices to do what we want them to do and then sharing how we solved it with others :slight_smile:
I am glad the effort made in sharing is able to help others.
Cheers

1 Like

I just got an Enphase Envoy system installed and all seems to be working. except for the consumption.
When I look at sensor.envoy_xxxx_current_power_consumption its always -1

Is this something wrongly configured on my Envoy?

How many CT clamps did the installer connect to the ENVOY-S? If you look below the ENVOY-S you should see two sets of twisted blue and white wires, are they there?

Also the system does need to be configured for consumption monitoring.

Do you have the system access and have you downloaded the Enphase installer app as well as the users app?

Screenshot_20220319-161456_Samsung Experience Home

No i got a homeowners account on Enlighten (installed by a installed not by myself)
I don’t see any extra wires or CT rings connected. but I do have some P1 readout

Have you got the user app installed and set up? Also your installer can choose to give you admin access if he wants to. But he should have already given you normal user access:

Yes I have user access. but my energy tab looks a lot differently.

Hi all,

is anyone able to help. i have this all setup and production seems to be working correctly but, consumption does not. homeassistant says
‘’’
The following entities have state class ‘measurement’ but ‘last_reset’ is missing:

sensor.envoy_121628053136_today_s_energy_consumption
‘’’
i have checked under developer settings and it is correct last reset is missing, but it is also missing for energy production but that seems to work fine. i have tried to delete the intergration and start again but no luck. in my Envoy app it all seems to be working correctly.

any help would be appreciated.

The Envoy-S uses terminal blocks for power and metering connections. One solid-core current transformer (CT) is provided for revenue grade production metering. Two optional split-core CTs can be used to provide consumption metering.

The key word here being that consumption monitoring is optional.

From

OR

The Envoy-S Metered (ENV-S-WM1-230) uses terminal blocks for metering connections. Install one CT for production metering and one CT for consumption metering as described in this section

from

Hi @ned786

Here is my sensor.
I have customised the name to make it easier to find/read.

I have a screenshot of my sensor.
It also does not have a last_reset.

This is fine as it resets every day at midnight AND I am NOT using this as a source in Energy Dashboard.

Here is my current energy dashboard sensor settings

As a reference, all of my ‘Energy Dashboard’ sensors use
sensor.envoy_SERIALNUMBER_current_power_consumption
AND
sensor.envoy_SERIALNUMBER_current_power_production
as a source, BUT then I use the Integration - Riemann sum integral sensor to convert Watts(Power) to WattHours(Energy) so that Energy Dashboard can graph it correctly.

If you skip this step, energy dashboard will not accept it.

I checked my grid sensors and found they both have state_class: total

This means they never reset so there is no need for a last_reset attribute.

I just checked and Energy Dashboard will only accept _today_s_energy_production without making new sensors.

The reason for this is because it is the only enphase sensor that has state_class: total_increasing as an attribute.

Here is the graph showing a reset to 0 at midnight every day

On this page New sensor state class: total_increasing | Home Assistant Developer Docs
I found this statement that explains why last_reset is not needed for this sensor

For sensors with state_class STATE_CLASS_TOTAL_INCREASING, a decreasing value is interpreted as the start of a new meter cycle or the replacement of the meter. It is important that the integration ensures that the value cannot erroneously decrease in the case of calculating a value from a sensor with measurement noise present. This state class is useful for gas meters, electricity meters, water meters etc.

What are you trying to achieve with sensor.envoy_SERIALNUMBER_today_s_energy_consumption and why is the last_reset missing causing you a problem?
If you are referring to energy dashboard, then you might be trying to use the wrong sensor.
Please re-read post #1 of this thread for directions.

Thank you so much for the detailed response! i am simply trying to setup my energy dashboard. i will make the new sensors and use them instead. Am i correct in thinking i still need to have the intergration installed?

Hi,

Yep, keep the enphase integration configured as we use those enphase sensors as a base to build on.
The sensors we create in post#1 use the enphase sensors as a source and we get home assistant to perform some calculations to extract the grid import and grid export figures that aren’t normally available