Entity filter card - values and not_state

1. Is there a way to filter with certain values. So if a battery drops below 20% than show the entitiy?

2. I have another battery that shows “full”. I remember a way to not_state_filter instead of state_filter. I’d like to show that entity when it is not full. It seems like this isn’t in the docs anymore.

You probably need to create a template sensor that will either show data depending on the battery level (so filtering done on template) or return a binary value depending on battery level and use this value in your filter.

I‘d like to avoid setting up other sensors with essentially the same info.
Thought there was maybe an easy way to use it with a lovelace card.

if you have a few devices with battery, check this post that may be of interest.
I know it’s somewhat outside your original request but thought I’d share…

Can‘t see any post.

Doh!

1 Like

Thanks, but I already have an automation that is triggered when a battery gets low.

The thing is I wanted the device to show up at my main page (first page) of lovelace automatically when battery state is low or under 20%.

It isn’t that important to have this. But I have several other similar enities for my frontpage. Example an open window. So I thought it would be nice, but it is not high on my todo.

It’s now possible with this component:

This way battery states below x can automatically appear at the main page

2 Likes