Envisalink - Arm Night

Looks like I’m a little late to the party, but I had a question in regards to the Envisalink Night Mode. On my DSC PC1832, it appears the Arm Night button on the Lovelace card actually puts the system into No-Entry Arm Mode (*9 Access Code) instead of the Night Arming mode (*1 Access Code). The difference seems to be that in Night Arming, all interior zones will now be armed except for devices programmed as Night Zones. Night Zones are only armed in Away mode, this permits limited movement within the premises when the system is fully armed. No-Entry Arming allows the system to be armed without an Entry Delay from zones that normal have one.

In practice, would No-Entry Arming actually be superior over DSC’s dedicated Night Arming mode? My house is a ranch with a finished basement, accessed through the garage. I have a motion sensor upstairs that I would like to be off during Stay/Night mode. It is configured with the Interior, Stay/Away parameter. Thanks for the work on this stellar integration!

Night mode is like stay mode but it allows you to arm only some of your interior zones (motion sensors). In fact to use night mode you usually first have to arm in stay mode. Stay mode disarms all interior zones by default. The scenario I see it used in possibly is once you’re in bed, enable night mode so some of your motion sensors arm.

No entry delay operates the same as stay mode by disarming interior zones. The only difference is there is no entry delay when a delay zone is tripped, it alarms immediately.

Sounds to me like no entry delay will work for you since it will not arm your motion sensor when you’re home.

Thank you for the reply! After some experimenting, it appears No-Entry Arm Mode does work best for night usage. I guess I was confused as my other system used Night Mode for night usage, which already had no entry delay.

I’ve just implemented the Envisalink integration for my DSC alarm, employing SolidElectronics’ Envisalink emulation service – I don’t actually have an Envisalink board, but instead a DSC IT-100 – and it works wonderfully. Except…

The Lovelace Alarm Panel card defaulted the Arm_Stay and Arm_Away buttons, and I customized it to add Arm_Night. However, I’ve experienced, and observed in the logs, that both the Arm_Stay and Arm_Night buttons activate “night mode”, the Alarm Panel card appears not able to set “stay mode” at all.

Does anyone else see this same behaviour?
Is there any way to get true “stay mode”?

Thanks.

After digging into both the Envisalink integration code and @SolidElectronics’ code for the emulation service, it appears a customization was added to the emulation evl-emu.py prog to overwrite the Arm_Stay command and translate it to Arm_Night.

After commenting out the three lines of the customization in my local version, all of Arm_Stay, Arm_Night and Arm_Away are now available.

I’m just unsure what to do with this un-customization – leave it as as local modification, or promote it back into the main branch?

I just merged a pull request from from @bmsec that breaks this out into a separate option to make it a bit easier to deal with. (REMAP_STAY_TO_ZEROENTRY = True)

Sorry if this has been asked, but I’ve not found an answer yet. I have the Envisalink HA integration working perfectly, something that I missed with ST and redloro’s solution. The only thing that I noticed is that arming to Stay mode is not available, only Night. These may be the same, and if so, is there a way to friendly name Night to Stay as this is what is on my panel?

Was there ever a solution to this?
I made a post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/uwe34h/how_to_change_the_night_mode_command_to_something/ so if u are willing to find out upvote this so someone sees it

I’d like the Arm MAX mode … I thought it was Arm Vacation - but that throws an error inside HA.
Entity alarm_control_panel.home_alarm does not support this service.