Envisalink integration. Things users should know about it

Hey, Thanks for posting this. I was trying to get a notification for alarm in delay entry mode and did not think to use an attribute here. Kept trying different states to no avail.

Has the situation with Envisalink - specifically with Honeywell panels - gotten any better? And what is the experience like using zones for automation purposes, do they report open/closed relatively quickly, even with lots of zones?

I’m moving in to a new house next month and it has the remnants of an ancient Vista 10-SE ADT system in place, including a fair amount of wiring. I’m planning on putting in a rather extensive system, mix of wired and wireless, door and window sensors, motion in every room, glass break, and smokes and CO. My plan is to use a 128BPT, but I’m not going to do that unless I can also use the door and motion sensors for automations, and have them be more or less as fast and reliable as my current Z-Wave and Zigbee stuff… any feedback would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Not entirely sure what situation you mean? I’ve got an EVL4 working just fine with my Vista 20P and HA. report is about a second. I have both wired and wireless door/window contacts. Been good for just under a year in this house. Last house had an EVL3 with a Vista 15P - same situation of wired and wireless, about a second report, no issues.

1 Like

Anybody know how to get Envisalink 4 working in home assistant in standalone more?
This is using just the Envisalink and Uno expansion boards.
It loads a different firmware than the DSC / Honey well.
Would love to get this working!

Did you get your Vista 128bpt installed with an Envisalink 4? I have that same panel with an EVL4 and it mostly works. If I just open and close one door or one motion, it is pretty much immediate. But if I open a door and leave it open then open another door, the second one is delayed. If I close the first door, leaving the second door open, EVL4 reports both doors still open until I close the second door then both will clear. It is quite annoying. I have monitored these panels before through the serial port and I can get immediate real time response. But connecting through the keypad bus is just not the same.

I scoured through this thread trying to find an answer. I have a DSC alarm panel connected to the Envisalink. Everything works as you’d expect, but when I arm the alarm in “stay” mode, even with a PIN code it is still reported back that the last arm was “unknown” in the integration.

I assume this is because arming in “stay” mode on the DSC panel is just holding the “stay” button for two seconds. So no PIN code is required, but is there a way to arm in stay mode (still no audible beeps during the arming process) while also still providing a PIN so the integration correctly identifies the user who armed the system.