EPEVER Modbus RS-485 Config

Hello. Just to clarify, if I order “ATOM RS485 DC/DC Voltage Converter Development Kit (SP3485EE)” I just connect it A/B to Epever tracer and on the other side usb to RPI - HA. And install ESPHome add-on. In this add-on, the option "new device/ESP32) and that’s it? No modbus and other settings in HA - configuration.yaml? Thank you. P.S Can I ask for a screenshot of what it looks like in HA?

nobody can help setup connection via bluetooth and my ESP32 BT proxy?
i can read data from my Tracer 3210 via bluetooth and ebox-ble-01 (connected directlli via RJ485 with Tracer) can connect to Epever Pair app on my mobile (android) but I need to ebox-ble connect to BT proxy in my HA (esphome).

Hi!

I had a custom made Wifi monitor working on my EPEver Tracer 1210A for years.

Today I replaced it with an EPEver Tracer 4210AN and… the Wifi monitor no longer works.

It also seems as the EPever published datasheet no longer contains the registers or protocol or pin out of the RJ45 either.

I’m assuming from some things above that registers may have changed and as they are focusing on selling their own monitor boxes and cloud garbage they aren’t publishing the specs.

I’ll see how far I can get with support.

It’s okay. Got it working. Installed this instead of my own firmware. GitHub - chickey/RS485-WiFi-EPEver: This project is for connecting to EPEver charge controllers over WiFi for viewing running stats and also allows automatic posting of them to InfluxDB or MQTT.

I’m not really sure but it looks as though the COM port no longer provides 5V.

1 Like

Hi JJanousek! I am interested in this setup aswell, I have a Tracer 2210AN and thinking of getting the BLE box since it uses much less power than wifi.

Have you tried the BLE tracker in esphome? ESP32 Bluetooth Low Energy Tracker Hub — ESPHome

I have used it successfully to get data from many other ble peripherals. If you are able to connect to the ble box and find out the mac address and service UUIDs you would be able to read this and send to HA. Use the nRF connect app to find the BLE box. I am very intrested to hear about this!

Hi David, can you support me how to get data. I can connect via nRF connect app- I know BLE-BOX mac adress…but I don´t know how to add…I´m begginer.

OK, good!

The idea is that you create a BLE sensor in ESPHome for each attribute you want to read. You can click on each service in nRF app to read data (characteristic) from it. You will have to copy the corresponding IDs of the values you want to read to the BLE sensor, see image:

ok, but how I can know what each attributes mean? there are so many attributes

Yes, I suppose you could reverse engineer the epever app if someone hasn’t done that already.

screen below is from adroid app - epever pari… for me is enought part “battery”

I really don’t know what and where to fill in (configuration.yaml, esphome, or to my bt-proxy in esphome config)

Sorry for late reply. If you find the .apk file for the epever app, you could run it through a decompiler and perhaps find you which uuid represents battery and how to parse the value.

unfortunately this is beyond my abilities… I don’t know what and how to do… so I give up connecting via BT proxy… :frowning: I will try wait if someone in future prepare guide “how to - step by step” for beginner :slight_smile: app for android is https://www.epever.com/download/epever-pair-v216-apk/, i can connect via nRF app but I can’t do more :smiley:

Hi
I’m just wondering if the new EPEVER WiFi 2.4G RJ45 D: will make it easier it says on Epever website 2.4G WiFi Networking Communication

Works with controllers, inverters, and inverter charger with RJ45 interface

Plug-and-play with easy setup

Communication Port Powered Directly, No External Power Required

Communication Distance: Up to 20 Meters

Support two working modes: offline monitoring and WIFI data upload to the cloud
https://www.epever.com/product-launch-new/

I just bought one I’m going to see if I can set it up I’m new to Home Assistant and was wanting for awhile to be able to turn a socket on when my batteries are full to run a Bitcoin miner as I have way too many solar panels for the summer

1 Like

The EPEVER TCP 306 looks like the thing to make it easy or am I wrong?

1 Like

Hi .I also tried with different yaml configurations to see the data from the epever tracer 4210a, connected to Wi-Fi via WiFi 2.4G RJ45, but without success so far. from the cloud platform it always works.

I think the same, and the device is quite new, as far as I know Elever. Did you get anywhere with this? Anybody else know how to get the data from the TCP connection that the TCP 306 delivers?

no joy for me either :frowning:
Works on the cloud but not able to get it through HA yet.

This entity (‘sensor.epever_battery_current’) does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI

1 Like

What inverter do you use?

EPEVER WiFi 2.4G RJ45 D yes/no Home Assistant

1 Like

That’s my code, glad it was of use :slight_smile:

I’ve also just put two example yaml files for getting the data using esphome for tracer and upower models when your directly connected like when using my RS485-Wifi board.