ERIA Wireless Zigbee Remote Support

Hi, I was able to get this remote to pair with Hassio/Home Assistant but am unsure how to go about automating it so button presses do things. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction? If this isn’t supported is there anything else similar I can use?

This is the switch/remote: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HJHJWGT/

I don’t have any zigbee remotes but here is a thread that you might find useful:

I used this and am able to see commands being sent by the remote but I’m unsure how to put them into the automation.yaml.

This is what I have so far:

automation:
    trigger:
        platform: zigbee
        event: zha_event
        command: on
    action:
        service: homeassistant.turn_on
        entity_id: switch.63120466c44f33863385

Just trying to have the on button for the remote turn on a light in my living room. This is what the event from a button press looks like:

{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "unique_id": "00:15:8d:00:01:98:ce:c3:1:0x0006",
        "device_ieee": "00:15:8d:00:01:98:ce:c3",
        "endpoint_id": 1,
        "cluster_id": 6,
        "command": "on",
        "args": []
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2019-10-20T04:43:55.831596+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "b9e42863b02940de893b060ed9292e48",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

from the docs I don’t think your trigger is correct.

try this:

trigger:
  platform: event
  event: zha_event
  event_data:
    command: 'on'

Switched over to that and it seems to make more sense. Still not working. Getting this error when pushing the button: Unknown cluster-specific command Command.Read_Attributes

Maybe try it without the quotes around “on”. Other than that I can’t help much more.

Was able to get this to work:

- alias: "Turn On Livingrooom"
    trigger:
      event_type: zha_event
      event_data:
    action:
      service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.dhm4ztxyvak5eku9

- alias: "Turn Off Livingroom"
    trigger:
      event_data:
        command: 'off'
    action:
      service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.9rh9ahvgsx6r9jdl

Any way to make this into a toggle so it takes up less buttons on the remote?

Figured it out with this:

- alias: "Remote On - Livingrooom"
    trigger:
      event_data:
    action:
    - service: switch.toggle
      entity_id: switch.63120466c44f33863385
    - service: light.toggle
      entity_id: light.882400882cf4321d0c91

Now I just need to make it so my switch turns on the light as well.

I’m not seeing the difference between what I recommended above that you said didn’t work and what you posted that you say now works…

Honestly I’m not too sure what changed. I think I had something misspelled or indented incorrectly. Works pretty well now. Thanks for your help!

What was your trick in getting it to pair? I got the Eria AduroSmart remote (but no hub), and haven’t been able to successfully pair it to my ZHA integration. During pairing I get the following output but the device doesn’t show up under either Devices or Entities.

EDIT: I finally got it to pair. I think that the secret was holding down the [off/0] button for more than the 3 seconds necessary to see the initial set of events show up during pairing. I just kept holding it down until events stopped appearing! Now I am able to trap the ‘on’ and ‘off’ events when the relevant buttons are pushed. Haven’t tried to handle the dimmer-related buttons yet.

[0x0000:zdo] ZDO request 0x0036: [60, <Bool.false: 0>]
[0xb282:1:0x0b04]: async_update
[0x5923:1:0x0b04]: async_update
[0xd6df:1:0x0b04]: async_update
[0x18d3:1:0x0b04]: async_update
[0x85ac:1:0x0b04]: async_update
[0xb282:1:0x0b04] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=40 command_id=Command.Read_Attributes_rsp>
[0x5923:1:0x0b04] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=42 command_id=Command.Read_Attributes_rsp>
[0xd6df:1:0x0b04] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=44 command_id=Command.Read_Attributes_rsp>
[0x18d3:1:0x0b04] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=46 command_id=Command.Read_Attributes_rsp>
[0x85ac:1:0x0b04] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=48 command_id=Command.Read_Attributes_rsp>

did you ever get the dimmer buttons to work. I have them working the command step but they both do the same thing.

No, I never tried to get the dimmer buttons going. I eventually sent the remote back because of a different issue: AduroSmart ERIA remote seems to get sleepy a lot

I just got them all working.

- id: '1580354459017'
  alias: ERIA Desk Light
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      command: step
      args: [
          9]
      device_ieee: 00:15:8d:00:01:99:50:b9
  condition: []
  action:
  - entity_id: light.desk_light
    service: light.toggle
- id: '1580354459018'
  alias: ERIA Office Bed
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      command: step
      args: [
          9]
  action:
  - entity_id: light.office_bed
- id: '1580354459019'
  alias: ERIA Office Desk
  trigger:
  - event_data:
  action:
  - entity_id: light.office_desk
- id: '1580354459020'
  alias: ERIA Office Off
  trigger:
  - event_data:
  action:
  - entity_id: light.office
    service: light.off

I paid 19.99 for the Eria on Amazon. I think I am going to send it back to. I can get the ecosmart bulb and remote from Home Depot for $12.00. Now that I figured this out the Ecosmart will work the same way.

Is there a way to get this to work with node red