"Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved" (was Version 0.61+ and ISY994i)

Yes, that’s what I did. I checked and my changes are there… :frowning:

I don’t know then. Must be a hass.io thing. I don’t use it, so I am not familiar with its specific behaviors, sorry.

The error message from the log still points to “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/isy994.py”. If the new custom component was loaded and replacing the built-in one, shouldn’t the message point to the “custom_components” location?

Yes, it should.

Edit: I think the reason is because the individual components, like light, switch, etc has a reference to the original one, maybe.

from homeassistant.components.isy994 import ISY994_NODES, ISYDevice

So, maybe for this particular component, the custom_components route isn’t going to work without a lot of effort.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. I will revert the custom component and wait for this to get fixed. Everything seems to work, it’s just that it’s filling up my logs with the same message all the time.

Thanks again,

If you open an issue on github with all the information I will put in a pull request with the changes.

Has anyone submitted this issue to github yet? If not, I’ll do it. Issue remains in 0.64.0.

I would but I have no clue how. Please do it and post it here so I can learn how it’s done.

Thanks!

Can someone submit this issue to get fixed? Thanks!

I started to do a pull request and realized, my code was actually the same as what is there, just in a different style, so it would not fix any issue. (still learning python)

I dug more into the source of PyISY and I’m not seeing how aux_properties is being returned as a list.

Not sure I’ll be able to help because I have nothing with aux_properties.

Alright, thanks. Anyone else?

Issue opened: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/13160

Great, thanks… Count on me to test once it gets released.

Is there any movement on this issue?

I still have that issue in my logs after several versions of HomeAssistant.

How do bug fixing get prioritized? How does it work? Is it the person who originally wrote the code that has to fix it?

Thanks!

Just as an update, the fix should be included in the next release (v 0.86?), as per https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/13160

Issue is still there with the newest HA 0.87.1

Still not fixed after 15 months after it was reported. I get the error about 200 times per day in my logs.

I am suddenly getting this too. After upgrading from 0.90 to 0.91.3…

Any updates? I’m still getting this error…