ERROR Friends can I get help please

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:55:42 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:56:22 PM

[139936574989632] Error updating Home Assistant Core
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 303, in async_install
await async_update_core(self.hass, version=version, backup=backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 58, in _wrapper
data = await funct(*argv, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 255, in async_update_core
return await hassio.send_command(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 594, in send_command
raise HassioAPIError()
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 239, in handle_call_service
response = await hass.services.async_call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2319, in async_call
response_data = await coro
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2356, in _execute_service
return await target(service_call)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 905, in entity_service_call
single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 975, in _handle_entity_call
result = await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 161, in async_install
await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 465, in async_install_with_progress
await self.async_install(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 305, in async_install
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core

Friends can I get help please. What command should I run in the Debian terminal to fix the problem?

If you mean the HA-Console, you can type below, and read the options
-h … or -help or … ha -h …etc

Not sure why you write Debian, but that could be because you are running Supervised, or Docker , or Something else

Yes, I run the HA on Docker.

Hi friend, I didn’t understand why you are referring me. I just wanted to know what terminal command would fix the error I shared

There is no such “Magic” command, for a unknown error.
In Most “Consoles” there is a -h -help , to see available Commands

The prerequisite for a CORE in Docker installation, is obvious and should be followed
So, as you have chosen to install In Docker, you have to make sure your Docker-environment is uptodate etc. ( Hint, my link above, but do note the “Warning” )

I don’t say this is the root-cause, because you just post a error-snippet, with no further informations etc.

How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question.

PS: For what it’s worth, your Backup storage can be full, your network connection can have a “glitch” , it can be a failure “outside” the reach of the HA-Core install, to interpret

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:54:42 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:54:42 PM

[139936448915776] Error updating Home Assistant Core
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 303, in async_install
await async_update_core(self.hass, version=version, backup=backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 58, in _wrapper
data = await funct(*argv, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 255, in async_update_core
return await hassio.send_command(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 594, in send_command
raise HassioAPIError()
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 239, in handle_call_service
response = await hass.services.async_call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2319, in async_call
response_data = await coro
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2356, in _execute_service
return await target(service_call)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 905, in entity_service_call
single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 975, in _handle_entity_call
result = await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 161, in async_install
await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 465, in async_install_with_progress
await self.async_install(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 305, in async_install
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core

Yes , you don’t have to post the same result again, im sure you will get the same if you try again ( Somehow )

I understand friend. I’ll admit that I don’t have much knowledge at the moment with Linux, what should I do step by step to reach a solution?

1. If you read my link above ( Howto help … ) you would get tips, recommendations, upon howto report/ask
  2. As your Linux / Common system knowledge seems very limited, i suggest you install Homeassistant OS in a virtual environtment
  3. referring to 1, i had to drag out of you that you run in Docker, i Don’t know for which Commands you use your Debian-Console, nor which “commands” you typed for “updating” CORE.
  4. Nor which CORE Version you are on, or/and try to update to
  5. Nor whether your Docker Environment is UpToDate
  6. etc ( Please read the latest url )

I understand. Which virtual software for my Linux do you recommend to install and from which to run the HA?

I use VMWare Workstation Player, works great in both Linux(Latest Debian) and Windows10

Windows - Home Assistant. ( .vmdk )
Alternative - Home Assistant. ( .ova )

Some people uses VirtualBox, free choice

Unfortunately, the installation procedure Document for VMWare, has been written/mixed up, As the “author” apparently haven’t installed VmWare-Workstation-Player on a Linux, so it’s missing under “alternative”
How ever it’s about the same, as described under “Windows” , it’s just Different installation “methods” for the VMWare in Linux ( Compared to Windows ) :wink: , but Google is Your real friend!

So If you choose VMware-workstation-Player, for your Debian, you have to follow and install the " .vmdk " File, from the “windows” url above ( After you installed VMWare in your Debian )
PS: VmWare’s website have all information you need to succeed to install VMWare