Error while setting up Arlo Q

Ok @jwillaz, I deleted hassio, installed hassbian and tried to install the latest PyArlo library as you suggested, but the error is still there. I also tried to comment problematic line with base station (Arlo Q has no base station) just to see what happen and now I can see (at least) last fetched image :confused:

Hi @foxys, sorry, my response was specifically related to your above error. Refresh_rate is an attribute introduced in a more recent version of PyArlo. I wasn’t thinking that this was Q-related error, but it is. Since you are using an Arlo Q, you are correct - there is no base station. This is what is returning ‘NoneType’ and stating it has no refresh_rate attribute. Hoping that any devs with the device would consider contributing to a library update. It should be rather straightforward to make BaseStations optional, but without a device, I don’t know how the Q communicates. Perhaps it simply makes BaseStation calls AND Camera calls itself, but that’s just guessing.

I ran into the same issue with an Account I set up on Arlo specifically for HomeAssistant.

Needed to go into the Arlo app settings -> Grant Access
Select the account you setup and ensure that you have a tick in the bottom box: Allow Access Rights

Any news on this fix. From what I can gather all Arlo Q users are still unable to get camera support since v 0.54

No update yet. I ended up with crazy workaroud - input boolean (ARM / DISARM) integrated via IFTTT and Stringify (IFTTT + Arlo does not work either http://status.ifttt.com/incidents/2wpfb9t09n8v).

Hi @foxys @Dennis87, @xprezz

No, still no fix yet. Last month I sold my Arlo Q. Now looking for a new camera with similar capabilities.

FYI: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10679#issuecomment-355740673
Thanks @karlkar and @tchellomello

@karlkar Can you please help me/us with configuration of Arlo? New pyarlo is now part of HASSIO 0.61.0, I also create custom component from your commit, but last video and sensors (battery, signal, motion…) are still not accessible. The only thing which works is “still picture”. Thanks a lot!

FFmpeg isn't running!
10:41 custom_components/camera/arlo.py (WARNING)

I’ve been experiencing this issue since 0.54 also. Which sucked because I had just bought the Arlo Q about a month before this issue occurred. I can’t really offer much help since I don’t have much coding experience but I’d be more than happy to test anything needed. I’m really hoping for a fix for this soon

My arlo q plus camera is working without any issue/error msg and see the picture from it with latest hass.io.
Only issue now its that is does not get info like signal strength, last capture etc. It just states unknown.

1 Like

Can confirm that the Arlo Q is working as well since the new update! Feels so nice to have my camera on my Home Assistant security page again!! I’m not getting any info either but instead of showing unknown it just doesn’t show those attributes at all anymore on mine

@Dennis87 @3vasi0n I just see static picture and unknown states of battery, signal etc. I can’t play last video or arm / disarm camera.

Can you please share your ffmpeg configuration if you are able to play last captured motion? Thanks

Same error here. Did work before one of the latest update for picture but now i get this error FFmpeg isn’t running! when I click on it.

Status for signal etc have never worked for me on the Arlo Q

@Dennis87 @3vasi0n @xprezz Any progress with update to 0.72? I am not even seeing last captured motion :confounded:

Setup failed for arlo: Component failed to initialize.

Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.arlo: Could not setup all dependencies.

1 Like

Im also having this issue with a brand new instance.

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Aug 10 2018 16:35:02 GMT+1000

Setup failed for arlo: Component failed to initialize.

I have the same issue…

1 Like

Same issue here as well

1 Like

I’m also seeing this issue, anyone got it up and running?

One thing I’ve seen is that people add this,I do have the ffmpeg, but not the /usr/bin/ffmpeg dir:

ffmpeg:
  ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/ffmpeg

What is it acutally for?

Viewing the videos.

Doesn’t seem to work :frowning: