Errors in updating to HA 2021.1.0

Hi ,

The following errors are displayed by the addon “Check configuration” after the update to 2021.1.0 .

[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
starting version 3.2.9
[10:14:50] INFO: Update udev information
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[10:14:51] INFO: Setup udev devices
[10:14:53] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[10:14:53] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[10:14:53] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
ERROR: After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves dependency conflicts.
We recommend you use --use-feature=2020-resolver to test your packages with the new resolver before it becomes the default.
requests 2.25.0 requires idna<3,>=2.5, but you'll have idna 3.1 which is incompatible.
[10:16:39] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.1.0
[10:16:39] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[10:16:39] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[10:19:34] INFO: Configuration check finished - no error found! :)
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.

Similar errors have been already issued on the forum but cannot find no real solutions.

Please any advice ?
Thank you

I did this:

pip install idna==2.2

After install I did a check again. No errors

Everything seems ok. I do a second check if it gives me same result than backup my system and then do the upgrade

Thanks @poudenes ,

The error message says idna version should be more than 2.5 and you have used version 2.2 ?

I noticed that pip3 was not installed in my system.

After pip3 installation , I checked the idna version and idna2.6 version is installed by default ( so compatible version ) but still the error is there

Yeah, I don’t understand this either. pip shows that I have idna 2.9 installed, not what “check install” claims. Secondly, this proposed fix is not within the recommended range, since it is less than 2.5. I am not going to install this upgrade.

New attempt after Restarting HA server

=> No error
=> Problem solved without explaination

In meanwhile installed 2.6 also :slight_smile:

I have the same error. Do you find a solution?

pip install idna==2.6

Then do the check again

I updated the kernel to 5.10 first, then the error goes away. Could then update fine without errors.

I first saw this error in the check home assistant config add-on when running HassOS 5.9 and planning the 2012.1.0 update. Since I had a snapshot I decided to try to upgrade anyway and it worked out okay.
Since then HassOS 5.10 was released and I have updated to that. I see now when planning the 2012.1.1 update the error is still present in the add-on.

Is this an actual problem with HassOS/HA Core or is this a problem specifically with the check config add-on?

I have this problem running supervisor-2021.02.5 and core-2021.1.5 and Operating System 5.10
I’m doing a chack before uppgrading to core-2021.2.2

ERROR: After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves dependency conflicts.
We recommend you use --use-feature=2020-resolver to test your packages with the new resolver before it becomes the default.
requests 2.25.1 requires idna<3,>=2.5, but you’ll have idna 3.1 which is incompatible.
aiohttp 3.7.3 requires chardet<4.0,>=2.0, but you’ll have chardet 4.0.0 which is incompatible.

Same here , this error is happening time to time since several updates , even if idna version is OK

There seems to be a couple of tickets raised for this issue in case you wanted to follow them: