Errors with netatmo integration

It is a (slightly) different error. And this one makes sense. It tells the user that there is an issue with the configuration/setup.

Part of this error was already included in my first posting

2021-06-25 06:21:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.netatmo] Error during webhook registration - 400 - Bad request - Allowed ports for webhooks are 80, 88, 443 and 9443. (21) when accessing 'https://api.netatmo.com/api/addwebhook

Unfortutaly I’m not very experienced with code and have absolutely no clue what to do about it. If anybody could give me a hint. Any help would be very much appreciated.

As I don’t need my HA installation to be accessible over the internet is this really an issue in terms of functionality, usability and stability. Or can I simply ignore the port-message?

As for the other one: Why is it referring to [homeassistant.components.light]?

23:31:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Platform netatmo not ready yet: None; Retrying in background in 30 seconds

I know the webhook-unregister-part in documentation but do not know how to use it

If the lights show as unavailable the issue usually is that webhook is banned by Netatmo. To solve that unregister the webhook, go to the Netatmo Developer Page to unban your webhook and then register the webhook.

As the error message reports your instance is not exposed via one of the valid ports (according to Netatmo) approved for webhook registration. To make use of Netatmo webhook events you have to expose your instance via 443 (or 80/88/9443) or use the Nabu Casa remote service to handle this for you. If you have further question, just let me know what’s not clear.

If you don’t need/want to use the webhook events you can safely ignore the message.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like