ESP does not detect input signal

Strating out with a simple (and easy – I thought), I connected configured P25 as Input PullDown, and a connected reed contact connected to 3V3 and P25.
With a volt meter the P25 goes “high” when the reed contact is activated. However, the debugger in NodeRED does not register the shift from low to high. It’s constantly reporting “off”

binary_sensor:
 - platform: gpio
   pin:
     number: 25                # Input pin
     mode:                     # Input config
       input: true             # Configure as input
       pulldown: true          # Config internal pull-down resistor
   name: "GaragePort Open"
   device_class: garage_door   

Are there anyone in here, whom able to see what I am doing wrong?

Couple of users are… :wink:

Only the ones with the crystal ball :crystal_ball: but theses people are usully busy with other things :man_shrugging:

Do you mind sharing the minimum necessary information described in How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question? This should include the YAML of your esphome node and some LOGS of your esphome node when you toggle the reed switch :bulb:

As a side note already: You don’t want to debug such things on remote systems but first and foremost on the esphome node itself - the ota logging makes such things a treat. When you know that it works you can go further down the road and invest time in mqtt/node-red debugging and such :point_up:

Hi @orange-assistant

Thank you for your guidance. Having just strated with the ESP32, I’ll seek to catch up fast.

BR
VonR_2100

1 Like