ESP Haier: Haier Air Conditioner + ESP Home + Wemos D1 mini

UPDATE: I want to thank [Miguel Ángel] so much. He helped me to solve my issue and now it is working perfectly.
(I added also another condition in POWER_OFF state)

Hi thanks for sharing. Do you mind telling us which model of the Air Conditioner you bought? I coudn’t find one that comes with USB cable/module.

This: https://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/81988152/-aire-acondicionado-1-x-1-tundra-2200-fr-2388-cal?pathFamilaFicha=x01374

Hi everybody. Thanks for this project!

Maybe I can count on your support. I went through all instructions. connect NodeMCU with usb cable as stated. Successfully flashed ESP with esphome.

HA found new climate device but there is no possibility to control. It does not get any messages (temperature) or send any information. In HA it is always as off.

When I try to change something in logs I get only:

Do you have any clue why it is s?

Maybe you Haier use other protocols or the connection is not correct.

Could you up a photo of you esp connection?

They wanted to sell me wifi module KZW-W002. Please find below photos.

I thought that there is an iisue with cable so I took USB-UART module with 5V connected to NodeMCU. Same situation.

Um… KZW-W002 is the same that use my AC and the connections look good…

The zeros in the logs mean that it is not reading data… Maybe you AC need active the USB devices…

But what do you mean active? Is there any procedure? I have bought without WiFi dongle.

No idea, maybe you must set a option in remote?

Other posibility, the colours of you USB are worng. Test to change green and white wires.

Hi,

We have a Haier comming in and i wonder if it’s possible to use a “usb-splitter”, so we can use both the Wifi dongle (for the misses :wink: ) and the ESP-Haier for home-assistant

I don’t know, but… I think that is not possible. They don’t use a “usb protocol”, only a usb connector, but the protocol is a standar serial.

1 Like

Hi,

sorry for kinda hijacking your post but can you describe how you reverse engineered the hardware and the protocol? What tools (hardware + software) did you use?

I have a similar idea but a different branded A/C. The brand is “Pitsos” and according to Wikipedia it belongs to Siemens/Bosch.

Since this is the first time trying someting like that I’m a bit lost. Any links to blogs/Videos are more than welcome :wink:

I’ve attached a picture of the PCB, too. Maybe it’s even the same?

Sorry, I used old project code: https://github.com/instalator/Haier_WiFi/

He explain the process here: https://blog.instalator.ru/archives/433

Thanks, it’s better than nothing :slight_smile:

Do you maybe have a picture of your Haier PCB? I think the port on the bottom right with the big white arrow is a serial port, too but would be interesting to compare.

Sorry, I only connect by usb port. I did not open the AC

@donhimol Did you find out a solution? I am experiencing the same problem.

Hello, everyone.
Andrew Lavrentev seems found the way (and another) to send commands thought local native REST.
Can someone take a look and reengineer it to plain requests, so we can reuse it with REST integration?

Tried the plugin in Home Bridge but unfortunately also this way I experience no reaction from my Haier AC.

And you? I too, not have recive data from ac ((

@hACK

It is not with REST, it is all bytes, and it’s a hard nut to crack to find out all the correct values/bits to get/set. I’m staring for days to the matrix, have found some of the values (at least looks like it). But I’m only just started.

And maybe the request/response is not the same between units, and maybe the (new?) firmware is not the same for everyone.