ESP32 bluetooth proxy without a bluetooth adapter on homeassistant

Similar information to what was posted by @indeeed but a little more specific to bluetooth proxies:

The Bluetooth proxy of ESPHome provides Home Assistant with a maximum number of 3 simultaneous active connections. Devices which maintain a continuous active connection will consume one of these constantly, whilst devices which do periodic disconnections and reconnections will permit using more than 3 of them (on a statistical basis). Passively broadcasted sensor data (that is advertised by certain devices without active connections) is received separately from these, and is not limited to a specific number.

I think you’ll be fine. But if you’re really concerned, spend another $7.50 and get a second ATOM Lite.

Hello, my atom lite finally arrived .

Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong . I’m on the esphome site I choose m5stack. It sees the port

I click on it say connect

Then it says all will be erased

Says preparing install and then says failed

Try resetting or holding boot while clicking install

1. I have 2 buttons which one reboots
    2 what color should I be on blue red white or green

Google may have to be your friend here. I didn’t run into these issues. Maybe try it on another computer?

Do you know what color light means on? I didn’t know there were several.

And not sure what the side button is either .

I’ll take to google tomorrow

Thanks for all the help. Turned out to be the cable I was using. didn’t think there was a different between C cables. But I grabbed the one from my Nintendo switch and it loaded right up lol

So one more question, then Ill leave you alone lol
What’s the benefit to having ESPhome running in my docker? I saw o youtube, that techincally i don’t need it for this ESP board to find Bluetooth devices. Is that true?

The ESPHome environment is for programming, the ESPHome integration is to get your devices data.
So yes, you don’t need to keep the ESPHome docker running.

Got it thank you

All this is true. But it can also be used to do over the air updates on ESP32 devices. I run HA in a docker container, so I cannot use the ESPHome add-on for updates. So I use the docker container.