Esp8266 Window Blinds MQTT

Absolutely. I know there are some variations of my code both on this platform and on smartthings that set up a loop and step through single step incrementations until they reach the desired number.

I have made the necessary adjustments and there is now a servo in the frame of the blinds built in with the help of some own 3d print designs. Only I would like the servo to run further than what he now does with the code from this topic. he does not completely turn to the extreme of both sides. So my room is not dimmed enough.

How can I change the code so that the servo runs further than now? Have already done some attempts but do not get it done.

Depending on whether its a continuous servo or just a 180 degree oneā€¦

Continuous use spin times so look at delay() in your code. 90 means one way, 180 means the other direction and I think 0 stops movement.

The other use degrees I think, so where ever it says 180 adjust that. You wonā€™t be able to move it more on the small servos, theyā€™re not continuous and only go to 180

I use continuous on my blinds and they work well, I assume thatā€™s what youā€™re using but havenā€™t read the entire thread.

I use this servo:https://www.banggood.com/CORONA-DS-929MG-13_6g-Metal-Gear-Digital-Servo-p-1100755.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN#

Have already tried to adjust the 180 to a higher number but that does not seem to be the solution.
The code I use can be found here:

I get the suspicion that the servo that I have now apparently is not a continuous servo, maybe even going for these, is also as big as I have now so would have to fit without problem: http://www.adafruit.com/products/2442

Meanwhile I have found out that my servo does not go beyond 180 degrees. So that will be another order :stuck_out_tongue: . Below is a simple servo script with which you can test how far your servo can go:

// Include the Servo library 
#include  
// Declare the Servo pin 
int servoPin = D4; 
// Create a servo object 
Servo Servo1; 
void setup() { 
   // We need to attach the servo to the used pin number 
   Servo1.attach(servoPin); 
}
void loop(){ 
   // Make servo go to 0 degrees 
   Servo1.write(0); 
   delay(1000); 
   // Make servo go to 90 degrees 
   Servo1.write(90); 
   delay(1000); 
   // Make servo go to 180 degrees 
   Servo1.write(300); 
   delay(1000); 
}

Yes I think the futaba s3003 that I recommend gets only 180 degrees of rotation. I think rotation of the blinds might be slightly beyond 180, but my blinds are completely automated(I donā€™t touch them) and I really only range between 0 degrees and 90 degrees. The blinds open (90 degrees) in the am and then they start to slowly close 4 hours before sunset depending on how much light is outside(fibaro sensor). Then at night they are set to 15 degrees for privacy.

1 Like

I will receive a new servo tomorrow or the day after tomorrow that can rotate 360 degrees :slight_smile:

You indicate that your blinds work fully automatically, can you also let them go up or down? Iā€™m still looking at how I could do that for mine, but if you already have that I am curious how :slight_smile:

They are fully automated from a tilting perspective. I donā€™t ever raise or lower them. This would be difficult especially on my blinds as they are 5ft. x 6ft. wood blinds and their weight would require several pounds of torque. I donā€™t know that there is a motor that would hide well that would supply this type of force.

Received the FS90R today. And immediately started testing, only I notice that the control is not running smoothly in the sense that the servo runs too long and for that reason can not yet be built into the blinds.

It also strikes me that the brightness slider is not working well. if I click from one end to the other end of the slider it is fine, but if I click on the side of the slider several times, the servo will continue to turn that way, so there is no limitation, in a way that the ropes in the blinds will soon be torn (I hope you still understand me)

So now just figure out how I can program a continuous rotation servo in a way that it works well.

@Sthope I read that you had been working with the same servo, did you get any further?

No I quickly had to change servo because my horizontal curtains were a little heavy for it so I bought a MG995

1. Hereā€™s mine. Iv improved them slightly since this video though.

eastar MG995 High Speed Torque Digital Servo 13kg 25T Metal Servo Rocker Arm Horn Fit for 1/10 1/8 RC Cars (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0793N1VCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fgYgBb817NTF3

Are there any reviews of motors that could be used for roller blinds. Ie the curtain rolls around the rod and goes all the way up and all the way down

I am having trouble with getting tilt rod in shaft coupler. Shaft couple diameter is 0.25 inch and tilt rod is also square of 0.24 inch side. Did you guys had to sand one end of tilt rod?

do you know how to stop the blinds in any position? the ha cover has got up, down and stop buttons

@jjhtpc Are you aware of any limitation of futaba S3003 on 2 inch wooden blinds? For me servo motor does not seem to turning enough due to blind weight (My blinds are 6ft * 5ft approx)

@slonkar

In order for the motor to be able to turn the blinds you must remove the current tilt mechanism. Donā€™t worry you wonā€™t need it after you automate it .

how do you make it to turn anti clock wise?

The blinds are coded for on to be 90Ā° and off to be 0Ā°. I donā€™t know what you mean be anti- clockwise, but the slider should work to move positionally through 180Ā°

ok i know where is the issue. if i were to modified my servo to turn continuously, can i still you your script to control the servo? instead of 90 can i change to 270 or even 360?

Iā€™m sorry I have not experimented with continuous rotation. Technically you can change the map function to whatever is needed