ESPHome BLE Keyboard

It is strange that the Dmitry has not yet made this correction. After all, without it, media buttons do not work at all. :roll_eyes:

I am a little lost, so this allows me to use an ESP for as virtual Bluetooth keyboard for devices? (Similar to how the Logitech remotes did?)

Also, can I switch between multiple devices, or would I need a separate ESP for each one? I have a Shield, Android TV and PC for example, can I switch between each device?

I’ve run out of ESPs, so working out how many more I need to order

Hi,
I am having the following problem:
After the ipad connects to the esp32 bluetooth, every time I restart the esp32, the ipad cannot automatically reconnect to the esp32 via bluetooth. On Android phones I don’t have this problem. Currently I have not found out the cause of the problem

How to install this?

Variant1:

Variant2:

This is cool for sure and much appreciated. Maybe its just me and a lack of imagination but, im struggling to think of any reasons to need a keyboard. Sure, you can find a use for controlling the volume on something or a few keys to toggle this or that but a full size keyboard seems overkill for those things. What am i missing or not thinking of here?

I’m having this same compile problem with EspHome 2024.3.0

Any ideas?

Compiling .pioenvs/esp-keyboard-wake/lib3d0/ESP32 BLE Arduino/BLEAdvertising.cpp.o
In file included from .piolibdeps/esp-keyboard-wake/ESP32 BLE Arduino/src/BLECharacteristic.h:19,
                 from .piolibdeps/esp-keyboard-wake/ESP32 BLE Arduino/src/BLEDescriptor.h:14,
                 from .piolibdeps/esp-keyboard-wake/ESP32 BLE Arduino/src/BLE2902.h:13,
                 from .piolibdeps/esp-keyboard-wake/ESP32 BLE Arduino/src/BLE2902.cpp:15:
.piolibdeps/esp-keyboard-wake/ESP32 BLE Arduino/src/FreeRTOS.h:61:28: error: 'ringbuf_type_t' has not been declared
  Ringbuffer(size_t length, ringbuf_type_t type = RINGBUF_TYPE_NOSPLIT);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~