ESPHome Ethernet connectivity feature request

I have some WT32-ETH01 boards here as well and after some trouble with the IOs and the RX/TX Pins I can add to your findings that GPIO32 (labeled as CFG) is working as well as an esp-wrover-kit board. The official data sheet seems to be correct but I have trouble with the top left EN Pin, I have to use Pin 4 on the left (the second EN) for flashing. I didn’t test if some of the pins only support output as they state in the datasheet.

So does the WT32-ETH01 work with esphome? Want to use it as an irrigation controller. If so, what pins do i need to use in order to flash it (is there a step by step) and does it take the same code as an esp32?

This thread would indicate it does.

Yes, it does. I’ve not seen a step-by-step. when i have a minute (over the weekend, probably) i’ll dig out the settings that i used.

Why not propose a change to the docs?

This would be great if you could post the settings you used! I have a couple of these but I haven’t done anything with them yet b/c I haven’t figured out how to set them up yet with ESPHome.

As a side note I did find this: Ethernet Component — ESPHome
Which lists the WT32-ETH01’s ethernet settings, but I’m still stuck on the initial setup of which board to use (looks like wrover) and what settings to use to set it up with that board in the settings.

It probably doesn’t matter too much as long as it has the same memory (ram and flash).

Had anyone tried these https://m.de.aliexpress.com/i/4001209973457.html with the rover driver? Do they work?

It is the docs! Ethernet Component — ESPHome

1 Like

Oops! Thanks for the pointer!

What are these ‘docs’ you speak of? :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

Can you please explain how to make the WT32-ETH01 work with esphome?

1 Like

Read the docs.

What docs? I’m asking help about installing ESPHOME on it.

The docs I referred to about 4 posts above your request.

1 Like

Hi can you show full code for this board also with select board in ESPHome ? Please

See this thread: How I installed ESPHome on the wt32-eth01

Hi
I have ESP32 TTGO Poe and i install on it ESPHome. I also use display and i want show on display and in HA information about MAC address. But MAC address is only available to show for ESP32 wifi. Is any chance to show MAC from LAN ?

Make a sensor in ha to get the mac address via arp

Or I think in a lambda it is the c++ function

ethernet::global_eth_component->get_mac_address()

Could you explane me more because i am not expert…
But is any chance to create it without HA ?

on display i try this but no compile and get inor that eth has no get_mac_address
it.printf(124, 37, id(dejaVuSmall), TextAlign::BASELINE_RIGHT ,"%s", id(eth).get_mac_address().str().c_str());