ESPHome modbus Growatt ShineWiFi-S

yes, the Modbus controller address for sph are xxxx, for spf xx. (my guess from previous codes)
try the code from Plawa:

select:
  - platform: modbus_controller
    name: "${devicename} AC Charging"
    icon: mdi:battery-charging-100
    address: 1092
    value_type: U_WORD
    optionsmap:
      "Disabled": 0
      "Enabled": 1

name: "${devicename} Inverter Priority"
    icon: mdi:arrow-decision-outline
    address: 1044
    value_type: U_WORD
    optionsmap:
      "Load First": 0
      "Battery First": 1
      "Grid First": 2

try change your baud_rate to 9600

Tried changing buad rate, no dice. Ill try the other code later today.

I have a SPH6000 inverter. I have a WemosD1 running with 485 interface in the RS485 port. I can read all the values in the registers but am unable to change any values. How have you managed to set it up to write? I have the identical code above with the optionsmap and it looks like i can change the register from home assistant, but when i read the same address in the inverter it is unchanged. I have noted:
Grid network power control command password:
Inverter is in lock state after power on; change the power control by network command should unlock inverter first; default pw is XXXXXX; Unlock: send 0 to 3-135, then send password to 3-136~138; inverter will auto lock in 5min after unlocked;
Change PW: unlock first, then send 1 to 3-135, then send new password to 3-136~138;

But I haven’t seen any mention of having to do something like this here.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

dident work, neighter with the code from plawa.

im wondering if the sph3600 even supports data reads from the usb.

If you can change the values on app or web it’s supported.
Try both baud rates

It looks like I have been setup as a restricted user on the app and the webpage, e.g. i can’t setup any charge or discharge times on the app. Bang head on wall. I had hoped this would get beyond that.

I did setup the shinewifi-x before flashing it and it worked fine. I Tried both 9600 and 11520, but havent managed to get any readings, i Also tried another firmware with no luck.

Hi, did you change any configuration battery protocol etc.
You can try with the esp32 and a TTL adapter.

Hi. You can try remove the inverter from your account and create a new one then add the inverter.

I was setup by the installer. I will have a chat with them tomorrow. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Maybe because you have a installer code you won’t be authorized to change values.
You may have to choose between guarantee or automations.

I did find this: (register 381)

I will reprogram and see if i can read it.

Maybe its not relevant.
name: "${devicename} password setting"
address: 381
register_type: "read"
value_type: U_DWORD
accuracy_decimals: 0

I have a SPH6000 and a similar problem. My plan is to build a RS232 sniffer (https://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/rs-232-spy-monitor) and insert it between the inverter and my stock wifi stick and then send instructions from server.growatt.com to see exactly what is going on.

On the ESP is the hardware serial not on pin 1 and pin 3? I think pin 4 is flow control.

Hi. Why you don’t use you 485 port?

+1 for someone who can make a video how to flash the Shine S.

Because the RS232 is already there and I have the hardware to plug into it. I may go 485 if I have to, but for now I’d like to use the Shine-S I already have. Actually I have 2, one I’m using as a test mule and one I’m keeping stock.

ok, i agree with you. try to use the verbose or very_verbose to see if any codes appear.

logger: level: VERBOSE