ESPHome support for PA-210WYS CH4 Gas Leak alarm

Hello! I own two Gas Leak Detectors probably identical to what Blackadder presents as PA-210WYS (Natural Gas (CH4) Alarm Gas Sensor (PA-210WYS) Configuration for Tasmota). I got both working with Tasmota with the instructions presented by Blackadder (one small tweak to the rules - one datapoint was of different type apparently). I tried to move over to Esphome as most of my devices are Esphome based and I find it easier to understand and it seems to allow more options. Unfortunately, Tuya MCU does not seem to work for me. The logs do not show anything about datapoints. I was successful in adding the mute function as a switch by specifying DP16 and that is it. No luck with LEL value which us supposed to be reported on DP2 or the alarm on DP1. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome. Post your yaml as someone may spot something in there. Don’t forget to read about the posting rules - specifically rule 11 which refers to using preformatted text tags for your yaml.

I made a working YAML code.

esphome:

name: garage-gas-leak-detector

friendly_name: Garage Gas Leak Detector

esp8266:

board: esp01_1m

# Enable logging

logger:

baud_rate: 0

uart:

id: uart_1

tx_pin: TX

rx_pin: RX

baud_rate: 9600

tuya:

# Enable Home Assistant API

api:

encryption:

key: "xxxxx"

ota:

password: "xxxxxx"

wifi:

ssid: xxxxxxx

password: xxxxxx

manual_ip:

static_ip: 192.168.1.xxx

gateway: 192.168.1.xxx

subnet: 255.255.255.0

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails

ap:

ssid: "Garage-Gas-Leak-Detector"

password: "xxxxxxxx"

captive_portal:

switch:

- platform: tuya

id: mute

switch_datapoint: 16

name: "Mute"

icon: mdi:volume-mute

sensor:

id: lel_value

name: "LEL value"

icon: mdi:molecule

unit_of_measurement: "%"

device_class: "gas"

sensor_datapoint: 2

binary_sensor:

id: gas_alarm

name: "Gas leak alarm"

device_class: safety

sensor_datapoint: 1

filters:

- invert

I have tested it on my PA-210WYS based on the TWYE3S board. It works well. As expected. Unfortunately, I have another similar device - esthetically the same, but it is based on the WB3S. I have replaced this module with the ESP-12S and flashed Tasmota on it. The device works well (at least for the functions I need) with Tasmota but I am still not able to use Esphome on it. the logs show an inability to initiate. After a closer examination I realized that one pin was broken on the ESP-12S. I replaced it with a TYWE3L from a broken smart bulb. The transplant was successful and the gas detector works well with the above code.