Esxi - hassos and USB Conbee/zigbee stick

ok, i am running hassos already for a while on my esxi device
now i bought a zigbee / conbee usb stick

can i just add this USB stick as an USB device to my VM host? or do i need to passthrough the whole usb HOST controller? any1 already tried it?

Hi, I tried to add the USB device in ESXi and it automatically adds a USB Controller (I think it’s a virtual one but I’m not sure).

However, HassOS doesn’t show any USB device in Home-Assistant unfortunately.
When I was running Hass.io on Ubuntu (on ESXi) with USB passthrough enabled on ESXi the USB device was working fine. There must be something going on on HassOS.

USB device added to HassOS VM:

!

No USB device visible in Home-Assistant:

P.S. I’ve added an issue on the GitHub issue tracker for HassOS, you can follow it here:

I am running hassos on my esxi, no issues with USB, I just added the USB to my Vm… no passthrough needed…

Using a conbee Stick…
I must say, USB was recognized at first, but not working, untill I used a back USB port on my HP gen 8 microserver

I just had the same issue. What I did:
plugged in the usb, device was visible in hardware as serial:

• /dev/ttyS1
  • /dev/ttyS2
  • /dev/ttyACM0
  • /dev/ttyS3
  • /dev/ttyS0
  • /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2149183-if00

Now I did not read that very well so I copied the usb dresden line and it did not work. Then I looked at the console output and saw new usb device with all the parameters from the stick. In the bottom line there was ttyACM0. So I typed this in the deconz settings, started it and it worked!

strange, i have it configured like below, also works on my esxi

device: /dev/ttyUSB0