Eufy Robovac 35c Working with Home_Assistant - Updated 11/2020 - How To Guide - Now with Edge Cleaning!

Ok, i get more settings there also, but no control of the vacuum on any one of them.

Edit: after another restart of HA it works, thanks !

Zone Cleaning Question:
Just upgraded my G30 Edge to an X8 (Thanks, pet hair).
Wondering if there is any way to grab the cleaning zones from the app/account and call those with the integration? It’d be perfect to have a dashboard button that does say, the living room and kitchen. I know This Smart House pulled it off with a Roborock device, wasn’t sure if that was also possible here.

Using GitHub - bmccluskey/robovac: Add a Eufy RoboVac easily to Home Assistant - thank you, pbulteel, bmccluskey, and others for all your hard work on this!

this was EXACTLY what I was looking for!!! got it installed and it works GREAT!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

except for line 272 what else did you change? Simply adding my model number to the list there seemed to fix the x8Hybrid connection issue

Hi, i dont know if Im asking this in the right place i have a 15c

But im have one big problems:

Time to time, like one or two months apart, the eufy app clean all and my vacuum dissapear, i need to reconnect and read, is this a problem everyone have?

yes you can right a script like to clean a single room.
NB “roomIds” just have to be worked out by trial and error, start with 0 and work your way up.
“count” is how many times it will do the clean [1,2 or 3]

"alias: "X8 Livingroom Clean "
sequence:
  - service: vacuum.send_command
    data:
      command: roomClean
      params:
        roomIds:
        count: 2
    target:
      device_id: <REMOVED>
mode: single
icon: mdi:television-classic"
1 Like

Hi,
eufy-device-id-and-local-key-grabber is given me errors, and the page is 404 error now, any solution?

I cloned the code into my repo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the code update to support the X8 Hybrid. FYI, the only thing I did is go into my existing vacuum.py and add my models to this line:

elif self.model_code[0:5] in ["T2262", "T2262A", "T2261", "T2261A"]:  # X

So I got myself a Eufy 15C for stupid cheap to see if the Mrs liked the idea and surprisingly she does! She even asked how much a new one that could mop as well costs!?

So I’ve added the 15C to HA with @bmccluskey’s HACS addon and it all works. After reading this whole thread I’m still not sure if it is possible to operate without cloud connection, can somebody put me straight?

I’m making the assumption that I’ll need the DEVICE_ID and LOCAL_KEY for local operation, not sure if that’s right though?

I know the older method with various old apks no longer work, but I tried them anyway. I’ve also tried the python key grabber from @markbajaj but I just get python errors and as I’m only using python to get the keys I don’t want to put too much effort in to get the grabber/python working unless it’s worth my while and be able to operate locally.

Just checked and the python grabber still works on my mac on 3.7.1

I did a few months ago spend half a day trying to dockerise it so I could share it, but gave up as was getting so many errors!

EDIT: To answer the local only question, I am not sure as not tried it. However, when I changed the WLAN it was on it totally screwed it in HA (and Alexa) until i removed and re-added due to the IP address change.

I can’t seem to make HACS see this repo. I can go to the github page all day. Am I missing something?

Thank you @markbajaj, I’m going to leave things alone for the time being as I’ve got a few more higher priority (so I’ve been told) tasks and will return at some point. I’ll see if I can get python working to get the local data and see what happens if I disable internet access. Job for another day!

1 Like

I have got around to dockerizing the python app for anyone that is interested

https://hub.docker.com/r/markbajaj/eufyidfinder/

Use:

docker pull markbajaj/eufy_id_grabber

docker run markbajaj/eufy_id_grabber python -m eufy_local_id_grabber "[email protected]" "your_password"

EG

docker run markbajaj/eufy_id_grabber python -m eufy_local_id_grabber "[email protected]" "password123"

I hope this helps anyone trying to grab their EUFY ID.

mb

EDIT: both arm64 and AMD64 versions

1 Like

This is perfect! I’m surprised it’s that simple and works that well. Thank you!

As a follow up to this- I’m having an interesting issue where the room ID’s are non-sequential and behave strangely. See below:

Room IDs:

1. Guest Room
  2. Produces verbal “rooms unavailable” error from vacuum
  3. Comes off and returns to charger
  4. Kitchen
  5. Bedroom
  6. Living Room
  7. Comes off and returns to charger
  8. Comes off and returns to charger
    9-?. Comes off and returns to charger

yes, i had a similar issue. I found that performing a factory reset of the robovac and creating a brand new map of the whole apartment, then sectioning/labeling the rooms again fixed this.

My room IDs used to start at 14 and were non sequential.
Now they start at 1 (actually 0 but it is the same as 1), are sequential and are all very neat. I have since been able to set these scripts to Mushroom Card Buttons for my Tablet (see pic) and also exposed these o Google and Alexa so I can start cleaning a single room with my voice… this makes me so happy!

Hi - sorry for the stupid question. I’ve tried looking through the thread here to see how exactly to set up the card to show rooms, cleaning time, etc. I currently only have the very basic info: image

Could you point me to where to get all the bells and whistles like you have? Thank you!

Hi,
I tried with a L70 (T2190), the code runs until this line:

async_setup_entry
    async_add_entities([RoboVacEntity(item)])
  File "/homeassistant/custom_components/robovac/vacuum.py", line 247, in __init__
    self._attr_access_token = item[CONF_ACCESS_TOKEN]
KeyError: 'access_token'

On the config entries, I can see the device ID and the local key correctly stored, so I believe this device use another api configuration.

Any hints on where I must start to add support to this device is welcomed :slight_smile:

Thanks!

@markbajaj Thank for the docker app, it works a treat except for the slight typo, eufy_id_grabber should be eufyidfinder. Got my device id and local key once I’d worked that out!

Now I just need to get this to work locally, hints gratefully recieved :innocent:

1 Like