Eufy Robovac 35c Working with Home_Assistant - Updated 11/2020 - How To Guide - Now with Edge Cleaning!

Thank you, this worked for me as well! Now to figure out what automations I want now that I can see it in Home Assistant.

I have a 25c not the 35c. I’ve got past the can’t decode error, and now I see the following error, and not seeing any other posts for this error.

Is the 25C supported?
What is the type parameter that gets set in the HA config setup?
Where does the type come from?

Logger: custom_components.eufy_vacuum.tuya
Source: custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py:553
Integration: eufy_vacuum
First occurred: 1:35:50 PM (24 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:36:18 PM

Connection to 57587700cc50e37f7af1 (192.168.1.213:6668) failed: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Successfully saved

My 30c seems to have stopped working in the last few days.

I have checked to see if the id / key etc has changed using ADB, but everything is the same (Including IP).

I’m getting the following error:

eufy_vacuum: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 322, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 470, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_vacuum/vacuum.py", line 75, in async_update
    await self.robovac.async_get()
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py", line 506, in async_get
    return await message.async_send(self, callback)
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py", line 352, in async_send
    await device._async_send(self)
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py", line 571, in _async_send
    await self.async_connect()
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py", line 482, in async_connect
    sock.connect((self.host, self.port))
OSError: [Errno 113] Host is unreachable

Any help on this would be great!!

check the id/key, we just discussed this previously in the thread.

As I said in my post - I checked these, and they seemed to be exactly the same.

Can I just check that these details are correct:

eufy_vacuum:
  devices:
  - name: Robovac
    address: '192.168.my.ip'
    access_token: 'localKey'
    id: 'uuid'
    type: T2118

It was working with these details, and the Access token & id have not changed.

Odd this - I just installed it all from scratch, and it’s all working again!

My Robovac 30c is working!!
I followed the instructions of the OP. The command that worked for me to get the localKey and devId was adb shell logcat -e ‘tuya.m.my.group.device.list’

This didn’t work for me. In fact, I spent hours trying to make this work until I decided to revert the file to it’s original state and that did it for me.

I’m using the “more-info card” to control my vacuum from lovelace.
robovac_screenshot
Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this component.

thanks for the advice. I also reverted that change in tuya.py and my 30c vacuum works.

Same, my 25c will now run when I click it’s power button in HA. Now to figure out how to get the other controls.

For anyone with a new issue.

Looks like the code needs updated.

in vacuum.py

change VacuumDevice to VacuumEntity on line 11 and line 53

1 Like

can confirm, this solved the issues I was having. I vaguely remember, some time ago someone discovering that solution, and it working. This was quite a long time ago now, but the repo for the custom jargon hasn’t been updated (ever) I think. It just works, I should make a pr/fork and see to it that this guide is updated. This guide was sloppy, and I apologize to anyone who had issues with it. I’m not the best linguistically and can only translate my thoughts into text so well.

Any chance to get edge mode as an option? The only thing missing from the list.
Or is there a way to call that using vacuum.send_command?

I’m not exactly sure, I can try and report back tonight. I’ll reply to your comment so you get a notif.

1 Like

Any luck with edge mode? I’m trying to do an automation that starts with edge mode for 15 mins then another 15 mins in normal mode

One moment, I think I may have figured this out finally. Took some digging, testing it now.

OOF

I got it, but it’s a doozy. One last test, but essentially I had to implement a custom component that I hacked and pieced together from different sources. I’ll reply one last time, but it should be fairly simple (for you) to get this working, it was a bit of hunting, but I found this… implementation of edge cleaning but I had to learn how to do it myself into hassio since the actual merge was put on hold due to it not fitting all vacuums. PR closed, testing the source now and will upload the component to my github for your consumption.

Hope you enjoy, it was pretty fun for me. Guide coming up in less then an hour I’d say, and it will be really easy if you have windows and samba share, like insanely easy.

Awesome, will try it out, let me know when your github is updated and I will test it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, The testing did not go as planned. Still in the works. It’s … terchnically technically possible, but you have to add a service to the vacuum built in integration in hass. using hacs, I hope you have hacs but assuming you do, I’m still working on it.

The ability to add your own code to integrations is picky, and probably deprecated.

but for giggles let’s see if I can.

OH geeze, I’m really close now. It’s only throwing a single error, and I’m on it now. I might need a break at this point but imma try to power though. Also, I’m not even sure how to upload entire directories to git-hub, never done that before.